Undergraduate Requirements for the B.B.A. Degree with a Major in Economics
Undergraduate Degree Requirements for Economics
B.B.A DEGREE REQUIREMENTS FOR ECONOMICS MAJOR (120 TOTAL HOURS)
AREAS A-E (SEE VSU CORE CURRICULUM) 1 ………… 42 HOURS
AREA F REQUIREMENTS2 ………………… 18 HOURS
- ACCT 2101 Principles of Accounting I
- ACCT 2102 Principles of Accounting II
- BUSA 1105 Introduction to Business
- BUSA 2201 Fundamentals of Computer Applications
- BUSA 2106 The Environment of Business
- ECON 2106 Principles of Microeconomics
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION COMMON SENIOR COLLEGE CORE 2…………….. 21 HOURS
- BUSA 2100 Applied Business Statistics
- BUSA 3100 Business Analytics
- International Option Choose only 1: ECON 3600, FIN 3650, IB 3000, MGNT 4800 OR MKTG 4680
- MKTG 3050 Introduction to Marketing
- MGNT 3250 Management and Organization Behavior
- FIN 3350 Financial Management
- BUSA 2999 Career Development
- BUSA 3999 Experiential Learning
- BUSA 4900 Business Policy
REQUIRED COURSES FOR ECONOMICS MAJORS2 ………. 9 HOURS
- ECON 4000 Introduction to Econometrics
- ECON 4100 Managerial Economics
- ECON 4500 Intermediate Macroeconomics
ELECTIVES FOR ECONOMICS MAJORS2 (SELECT FIVE) …………. 15 HOURS
Any 3000-level or 4000-level ECON courses not required or selected above. Students who double-major in another BBA degree may use ONE of the following as an ECON elective: MKTG 3650, MGNT 4640, FIN 4520, ACCT 3400.
BUSINESS ELECTIVES2 ……… 9 HOURS
Any three 3000-level or 4000-level business courses not selected above.
GENERAL ELECTIVES ….. 6 HOURS
Electives may be business and/or non-business courses.
1 Within areas A-E, ECON2105, ENG1101, ENGL1102 and the quantitative Math chosen must be a “C” or better. If ECON 2105 is not taken in Area E, it must be taken as a General Elective, and the grade must be a “C” or better. If PERS 2799 Personal Finance is not taken in Area B, it must be taken as a General Elective.
2 The grade in each of these courses must be a “C” or better.