How to Apply
Completing the application process is easy!
The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to helping students obtain different forms of funding, in order to help pay for the cost of a college education here at Valdosta State University. When applying for most types of federal and state funds, students must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The preferred method to complete this application is electronically by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please ensure to include the VSU school code (001599) prior to submitting the application.
Once our office receives the FAFSA (usually 3-4 days after it is completed online), additional documents may be requested. If a student is required to submit these additional documents, they should be returned to our office as soon as possible. Please note that this process is referred to as “verification” and is required to validate the information that was entered into the FAFSA. Most commonly, when in the “verification process”, students must provide things such as;
- Tax transcripts
- Verification Worksheet
- Additional documents may be requested
Submitting all requested documents in a timely manner is the key to avoiding delays with financial aid fund approval.
After the file is completed, a financial aid award will be posted to the student’s Banner Account. (Typically takes 7 business days)
- Awards are based on an estimated Cost of Attendance which can be viewed in Banner or on your electronic Award Offer in MyVSU.
- Any grants and/or scholarships the student is eligible for will automatically be accepted/awarded.
- Student loans will be offered, but will not automatically be accepted/awarded.
- Students desiring loans must indicate in Banner that they “accept” the loan offer(s).
Please also note that if borrowing loan funds, the student must complete loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note by visiting www.studentloans.govhttps://valdosta.studentadvisor.ai/virtualadvisor