To set forth the procedures for Institutional control of locks and to provide departments with procedures for requesting door locks and changes in lock keying. To ensure that security of campus facilities and equipment is maintained.
- Keys will not be issued/checked out for sake of convenience, but for the sake of job requirements only.
- Full-time benefitted employees may request keys to areas in which they are authorized by their respective dean or department head only.
- Students and student employees will not receive keys directly from the key/lock shop. Students, GA’s or other non-benefitted persons, may be able to receive access to keys from electronic key boxes located around campus for temporary use. These keys are checked out electronically, and must be returned on the same day.
- Master keys will not be permanently issued to anyone for any reason. Access to some of these higher level keys may be accessed via electronic key boxes located around campus and will have to be returned on the same day.
- Terminating employees must return all keys prior to leaving the university. Human Resources must ensure this before they execute the out-processing appointment.
- Maintenance personnel must ensure all doors are locked when they leave an area where they have been working.
- Lockouts in residence halls should call HEART (229-253-4000) All other locations, during business hours, the keyshop will open doors for emergencies, after hours, UPD will open doors for emergencies. Scheduled events and/or occasions needing doors opened at night or weekends will be the responsibility of the department.
- Lost keys and the cost of re-keying will be the responsibility of the respective department. If a contractor is found liable for losing keys, his/her firm may be held liable for the cost of re-keying.
- Keys cannot be transferred without proper keyshop procedures and approvals.
- Stolen key situations will be considered on a case by case basis. The department could still be liable for rekeying costs. This will be at the discretion of the Plant Operations director in collaboration with other administration and keyshop personnel.
- The key shop is required to inventory all keys issued to an individual prior to issuing new ones.
- Secure key rings must not be tampered with.
- Duplication or attempted duplication is strictly prohibited and will be treated like a lost key
- No locks/cores (with exception of roof access points, service closets, electrical and mechanical areas, and construction areas) may be allowed to be ‘off the building master’ without approval of the Plant Operations director in collaboration with other administration and keyshop personnel.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECURE AREAS ACCESS POLICY
BL-3 LAB POLICY
- CARD ACCESS (ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION FORM)
- NEW SYSTEM HARD KEY REQUEST- BLD RE-KEYED
- OLD HARD KEY REQUEST- BLD NOT RE-KEYED
Key & Electronic Access Control
- 2903 N. Ashley Street Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5876
- Fax: 229.333.5876
To pick up keys make an appointment email@example.com