Budget Services establishes and maintains Valdosta State University’s budget within the policies of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia. Below please find the Valdosta State University Budget Process as approved by the Budget Advisory Council.
Valdosta State University Budget Process
The university's fiscal year begins July 1st and ends June 30th. The budget process starts in the Fall when the university system submits its budget to the Legislative Budget Office. Revenue estimates and fee proposals are due for the Board's consideration in December. The Board of Regents holds budget hearings with institutions in January or February. In April, the Board of Regents allocates state tax and lottery funds based the needs and missions of each institution, as presented at the hearings. Final budget proposals are usually due in May. Once the original budget is approved, the amendment process begins. The Budget Advisory Council is charged to ensure the strategic allocation of resources in conjunction with Valdosta State University’s goals. These meetings are open to the public and all are welcome to attend.
- 9/23 Hands on Training for Budget Tracking - register here
- 9/27 Budget Management Training ( New Budget Managers Only) - register here
Portals for Faculty and Staff
- OneUSG (Leave and time reporting, benefits information, pay stubs, taxes (w2)
- Financial Data Warehouse (Budget Reports)
- Peoplesoft Employee Self Service (Travel Expense Reimbursement, Flex reimbursement)