(You may attach an existing form if one is available; if specific work hours please include)
File attachment size limit is 2 MB.
Alternating Semester Co-ops, full-time work for at least two semesters, separated by one school semester
Full-time Internship, 40 hours per week, up to two semesters
Part-time Internship, 10-20 hours per week, up to three semesters
Parallel Co-ops (part-time), 10-20 hours/week, minimum of four semesters
Co-op & Internship Employer Work Agreement
- Provide Co-op / Intern positions related to the student's major or career goals that afford a varied and progressive work experience.
- Supply a written job description.
- Pay the Co-op student a reasonable market-based wage. Internships can be paid or unpaid.
- Support VSU in enforcing academic performance standards.
- Allow periodic on-site visits by VSU Co-op staff.
- Co-op positions should last for at least 2 work semesters, Internships for 1 or 2 semesters.
- Assign a supervisor who is aware of the Co-op program's purpose and is willing to give the student the necessary supervision to make the work assignment successful.
- Review and complete a written evaluation for the student each semester.
- Inform the Co-op Office of events such as termination, expanded hours, job description or change in assigned work departments.
- Give the co-op office reasonable time to refer candidates for positions listed.
- Afford all applicants equal consideration for hiring regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion or veteran status.
- Agree to comply with federal and state laws, rules and regulations, and employee policies relative to employment.
- Agree to engage in practices conducive to the overall safety of the Co-op and/or Intern.
Completion of the below fields indicates agreement to the above Co-op Internship Employer Work Agreement. A VSU Co-op Representative will sign off on this agreement when the job order form is processed.