Nominate a Student Today!
The deadline is March 4th 2022
2021 Graduate Research Symposium
Check out the 2021 Graduate Research Symposium Posters here!
2020 Graduate Research Symposium
Check out the 2020 Graduate Research Symposium here!
2019 Graduate Research Symposium
Check out the 2019 Graduate Research Symposium photo album here!
2018 Graduate Research Symposium
Check out the 2018 Graduate Research Symposium photo album here!
Graduate Research Symposium
Valdosta State University 14th Annual Graduate Student
Research & Scholarship Symposium
|Friday, April 8th from 3:00 - 6:00 pm Student Union Ballrooms|
GA of the Year Ceremony 3:00 - 4:00 pm Student Union Ballroom A
Poster Session, 3MT Performances 4:00 - 6:00 pm Student Union Ballrooms B & C
Musical Performances 4:15 - 5:15 pm
Nominate a Student
Students must be nominated by a faculty mentor to present in the Graduate Research Symposium.
- Faculty mentors please nominate your students by filling out the Nomiation Form. Contact Darli Devane at email@example.com for any questions.
- The nomination deadline is March 4.
- Are you a graduate student seeking a nomination? Please speak with your academic advisor about presenting.
Find Out More
SEE WHAT 3MT IS ABOUT
The high quality of our students' research and/or scholarship has placed them on an elite list of graduate students nominated by faculty in their graduate programs to present posters or Three Minute Thesis (3MT™). Click What is 3MT or the 3MT Handbook to find out more. First held in 2009, the symposium is designed to showcase the outstanding research and/or scholarship being conducted by Valdosta State University Graduate Students and their Faculty mentors. The President of Valdosta State University and/or the Provost give opening remarks. Faculty, Department Heads, Deans, Graduate Students and guests have the opportunity to view posters and hear brief explanations of their research to learn about various projects occurring across campus. To review abstracts regarding student posters, click on the previous symposium links below.
CHECK OUT PREVIOUS SYMPOSIUMS
Symposium 2022 Winners
Bryanna Tucker Jaborah McEady
Katlyn Ford & Ginny Samuel James Lane
- 1st Place – Katlyn Ford and Ginny Samuel "Liquid Gold: Nursing Mother's Quality of Work-Life in the U.S. Workplace"
- 1st Runner Up – James Lane "Anti-Vaxxers or Social Factors? Explaining COVID-19 Vaccination rate differences among Georgia Counties"
- 2nd Runner Up – Donald Rufus, Ashleigh Wilson and Briana Mitchell " The Effect of Racial Microaggressions on perceptions of Organizational Justice and Health outcomes in Black Employees"
- 1st Place – Bryanna Tucker "White Noise: How Minority voices get lost in the Rhetorical arena"
- 1st Runner Up – Jaborah McEady "Social Media and Socialization of Generation Z"