Student In Front Of Union
Student On Zip-Line
Student Throwing Football
Students With Azaleas
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who attends orientation?
- How do I register for orientation?
- What is a confirmation letter and where do I get it?
- Can I register for orientation now and pay the fee later at the door?
- Can Transfer students attend general sessions?
- How is my orientation fee used?
- Can I bring more than two guests?
- Do I have to stay for the entire orientation session?
- Where will I park for my orientation session?
- Will I have to pay tuition the day of orientation?
- Will I learn who my roommate will be at orientation?
- Will I get to register for classes at orientation?
- Can children attend orientation?
- Can my parents attend the academic advising session with me?
- What do I do if I or one of my guests need special accommodations for an orientation session?
- What if I need to change my orientation date?
- If I register and pay for guests but none attend, will I get my money back?
- Can I bring my pet to an orientation session?
- What should I bring to my orientation session?
What is a confirmation letter and where do I get it?
A confirmation letter contains information about the orientation session that you registered for. It has the session date and times, the number of guests attending, meeting location, and payment verification. All confirmation letters will be sent to the student's email account on file.
How is my orientation fee used?
Your fee covers the costs of the VSU orientation program. This includes the use of facilities, student and parent orientation publications and materials, morning coffee and juice and lunch at general sessions. Lunch is not provided at summer, spring or August session.
Can children attend orientation?
Parents are encouraged to attend orientation, as it is an excellent opportunity for family members to learn about VSU and get questions answered. Families may not want to bring small children due to the format and length of the program. Any non-student will be charged a guest fee, and all students are limited to two guests.
Can my parents attend the academic advising session with me?
No. These sessions are designed to provide an opportunity for the student to develop an independent relationship with their academic advisor. While students are meeting with advisors and registering for classes, parents attend a session designed to address their questions and concerns.
Who do I contact for special accommodations for myself or a guest attending an orientation session?
Contact the office of orientation as soon as possible so we can make arrangements with our Access Office for Students with Disabilities or you can contact their office direct: 229-245-2498 / VP 229-375-587. The University cannot provide wheelchairs or crutches.
If I register and pay for guests but none attend, will I get my money back?
Our office requires a 30-day notice prior to the session date you are registered to attend for a refund request. The orientation office pre-orders meals in advance of a session based on the number of registered guests.
- Two forms of identification for VSU student I. D. card (one must be a government issued photo)
- Vehicle Registration Information for VSU parking decal
- Walking shoes
- Light jacket for air conditioned buildings
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- Optional: any forms that need to be submitted to the Admissions or Financial Aid departments