Criminal Background Check Requirements by County
|Criminal Background Check Requirements by County|
|Lowndes||Students must contact Tina Wright at the Lowndes County Board of Education office to sign the necessary documents for a criminal background check five (5) days prior to their placement start date. Also required is a $7.50 money order made payable to the LCSO (Lowndes County Sheriff's Office).|
|Tift||Current Self Check - may be obtained from any sheriff's dept .or police dept. Must be a Purpose Code "W"||
1. students will submit background check copy to principal of their placement school on first day of reporting.
2. students will submit proof of liability insurance coverage to principal of their placement school on first day of reporting
Current Self-check - may be obtained from any sheriff's dept. or police dept. Must be a Purpose Code "W"
1. Students are to submit current background check copy to Dr. Deborah Demps, at the Brooks Co. BOE, to be cleared before placements can be confirmed from the schools
2. CBC must be within 3 month of beginning placement
|Lanier||Placement Application - Fingerprint/Background check Form from Lanier County BOE Office
1. Student is to call Ms. Wanda Stone (Board Office) to schedule a time, at least one week prior to beginning of placement, to complete a *placement application and *fingerprint/background check form. Cost is $48.00.
2. Safety Director, Tony Giddens, will schedule fingerprint/background check.
3. clear background is required to begin placement
|Berrien||Slef-Check within last 3 months- proof of liability insurance coverage and ethics training verification statement (from COEHS)||
1. Students are to submit CBC & copy of liability insurance coverage to school on first day of placement
2. Ethics Statement is emailed to BOE contact by Becky Wetherington
|Cook||Students must have Federal Background check prior to start date. Cost through Cook County BOE is $50.|
|Colquitt||Colquitt County Board Policy GAK(1) and O.C.G.A. §35-3-35 require fingerprinting and background checks of all employees when employed and periodically thereafter. Certified employees will submit to a background when employed and every five years when teaching certificates are renewed. Classified employees will submit to a background check when employed and every five years during the month of their birthday.|
|Pierce||Contact Ava Harris with the BOE (912-449-2044) to obtain a form for fingerprinting and a background check. Cost - $44.25 - money order only made out to Pierce County Board of Education. They will then go to the sheriff's department to complete .|
|Irwin||All applicants to the Irwin County Board of Education must pass a criminal background/fingerprint check. A charge of $10.00 (cash only) is required to be paid to the Irwin County Sheriff"s Office for the background check and $44.25 (cash, Cashier's Check, or Money Order only) to the Irwin County Board of Education for fingerprints. This payment is the responsibility of the applicant.|
|Valdosta||Students must contact Jamie Brown at the Central Office in order to sign the appropriate document in order to process their fingerprints and criminal background checks. This needs to be completed five (5) business days prior to the student's first day on campus.|