Women's and Gender Studies
Women's and Gender Studies at Valdosta State University is a program committed to providing feminist scholarship across the disciplines. We explore the connections between academic inquiry and personal life.
As a WGST student, YOU have a unique opportunity to participate in engaging topics and are encouraged to be an active participant in YOUR own learning.
- To promote gender equity and an academic climate that hears and respects women's voices.
- To provide resources and an intellectual context for students, the University, and the community which facilitates individual and collaborative research about women, gender, and sexualities.
- To promote the integration of women, gender, and sexuality issues into courses across the disciplines and so encourage critical and sensitive thinking about women, gender, and sexualities.
- To initiate and co-sponsor events related to women, gender, and sexualities with campus departments and student organizations.
- To offer networking, advocacy, and support for all faculty, staff, and students.