Don't forget to check our requirements before you apply!
How to Apply
Incoming New Students for Fall 2017:
- Login to the housing portal. If you are having problems logging in, follow the Account Access Steps for New Users to obtain your active directory credentials.
- Click the Application button located on the top left, select the term you would like to apply, and follow the steps through to complete the application process.
- You will be prompted to pay the $150 deposit and a $100 non-refundable application fee. Your priority number is not recorded until the deposit and application fees are paid.
- If you plan to pay with a credit/debit card, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa Cards are accepted. You may also pay using a WebCheck.
- If you plan on paying by check or money order, your priority number will not be recorded until we receive and process your payment.
- The check or money order needs to be made out to Valdosta State University.
- Place your student I. D. number somewhere on the check or money order.
- No starter checks
Unlike incoming freshmen, on-campus housing is not guaranteed to returning or transfer students. Returning undergraduate students must request housing for the next academic year using the housing application process.
Request to Use Financial Aid for Housing Deposit
We are pleased to offer the option of using financial aid to cover the $150 deposit! As soon as aid is posted, if there is enough aid to cover all fees and at least $150 left over, the Fall form or Spring form can be submitted to Housing. This means no out of pocket deposit cost. However, the $100 application fee is still required. The deposit will be owed whether or not a student stays enrolled for fall.