Welcome to Center for International Programs
The Center for International Programs provides central coordination for the University’s comprehensive range of services and activities in the area of international education. Campus-wide committees, open to all faculty and staff members, work with the Center for International Programs to achieve the following objectives:
- Strengthen the international dimension of the curriculum by assuring that international/global issues, problems, perspectives and skills are appropriately represented in courses, major degree programs, and minor studies;
- Enrich the international dimension of the co-curricular climate by sponsoring internationally oriented activities such as lectures, artistic activities, seminars, on-line conferences and thematic events with an international focus;
- Provide international study and research experiences for students and faculty by initiating and sponsoring study abroad programs, exchange agreements and collaborative partnerships with colleges and universities around the world and by cooperating with external organizations, communities and agencies that support teaching, research, study, and service activities abroad for faculty and students;
- Encourage the involvement of international students and scholars in the life of the University through the provision of comprehensive support services, campus and community activities and the promotion of Valdosta State as a welcoming environment for international academic exchanges of scholars and students; and
- Heighten global awareness, knowledge and understanding in the region of South Georgia by active support for the University’s community engagement efforts, sharing of cultures, and maintaining strong collaborative linkages with other institutions in the region.
Among its many activities, the Center for International Programs administers an International Studies Minor program, coordinates study abroad and exchange opportunities for faculty and students, oversees support services for international students, maintains an user-friendly home page, and organizes cultural and community events and lecture series on international themes. More information on international activities of the university is available at the Center for International Programs, located at 204 Georgia Avenue.