This form is to be used to requester waivers for courses within The Department of Communication Arts. Waivers are not automatic and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Please note the following:
- Complete a different form for each override request.
- Failure to complete any required portion of the form will result in rejection of your request.
- Inaccurate information will result in rejection of your request.
- Requests that are unclear will be rejected.
- Requests for admission to closed classes for which you meet the prerequisites are not processed via this form. You should sign up for the course waitlist.
- Only requests in the following areas are reviewed via this form:
- Communication (COMM)
- Dance (DANC)
- Emergent Media and Communication (EMAC)
- Mass Media (MDIA)
- Public Relations (PREL)
- Theatre (THEA)
Please complete the following form. All items marked with an * are required.
The Department can only review override and waiver requests for course taught in the Department of Communication Arts.
Students who meet the prerequisites but are seeking admission to a closed course must sign up for the course waiting list.
You may select only one reason per request. If blocked by a prerequisite explain which one it is and why you are requesting an override in the comments field.
It is in your best interests to provide as much detail as possible to speed the processing of your request.