After You're Accepted
Congratulations! We have reserved your space in Valdosta State University's Ignite Program! You were selected for this exclusive program based on your potential for success. You can look forward to many benefits as an Ignite participant. This will include having the chance to get acclimated to campus, earning credits early, and feeling a sense of comfort with your fellow classmates and professors. Now that you've been accepted, there are a few items you'll need to take care of before classes being to aid in your transition to Valdosta State.
Students participating in Ignite will live in Lowndes Residence Hall for the summer semester only. An additional housing application will need to be completed for the fall semester. Housing registration will be available to you 7 days after you have been accepted to the program. Registration will require a one-time housing application fee of $250 that will cover both Summer and Fall housing applications.
- Student ID Number / 870- number: you receive this when you are at least tentatively accepted. This will be used as your username!
- Pin Number (password): Initially, your password is set to your birthday in this format (MONDDYYYY), i.e., JAN011993.
For more information on VSU Housing, please visit their website.
Both 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 FAFSA forms need to be completed by students participating in Ignite. Students MUST complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application in order for Ignite summer semester 2019 eligibility to be determined for federal financial aid programs. This includes student loan and grants as well as the HOPE Scholarship. Students MUST ALSO complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA application in order to be eligible for financial aid in the Fall and Spring semesters. To find more information on eligibility and how to apply for financial aid, please visit Valdosta State University’s Financial Aid Office’s website, contact them at 229-333-5935, OR visit Federal Student Aid’s website.
Please note, you may get flagged for verification a few days after completing your FAFSA form. This will require you to send in additional information so we can fully process your FAFSA.
Ignite Program students will be required to attend the 2-day Orientation session on June 10-11, 2019. During this session, you will:
- Receive your class schedule
- Receive your VSU 1Card (Student ID)
- Meet with Financial Aid and Housing representatives who will be available to answer any questions you may have
Please visit the VSU Orientation web site for a list of orientation dates. You will need you VSU ID Number/870 number and pin number (password) to register for an Orientation session.
Ignite students need to register for the Summer Orientation session held June 10-11, 2019.
Ignite students DO NOT need to register for Ignite classes. You will be placed in the required classes a few weeks before the start of the program. To review your schedule, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to Banner
2. Click on the "Student Services and Financial Aid" tab
3. Select the "Registration" link
4. Select either "Student Schedule by Day & Time" or "Student Detail Schedule"
If you cannot view your Ignite schedule after following the directions listed above, please contact Centralized Advising (229-245-4378).
* Students enrolled in the Math Ignite cohort will need to purchase the following by June 10-11, 2019:
- Your book with MyMath Lab codes
- Graphing calculator (TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84, or TI-84 Plus)
**Students enrolled in non-Math Ignite cohorts can review materials for their classes via their Banner account.