Summer Ignite Program
What is the Summer Ignite Program?
The Summer Ignite Program (Ignite) is an invitation-only program designed for a select group of students who wish to attend Valdosta State University but did not meet the requirements for regular admission. Over a 7-week period, students will take 8 hours of classes which will prepare them for educational success in the future. Ignite will help students meet the requirements necessary to become a regular student at VSU for the sequential Fall term and will be equipped with the tools to excel in their classes, have confidence in their academic ability, and be excited to get involved around campus, which will contribute to their personal success as well as to the institutional success of Valdosta State University.
Ignite will help you meet the requirements necessary to become a regular student at VSU for the sequential Fall term. Successful completion of the Ignite program requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and an earned grade of a "C" or better in all of your Ignite coursework. After you have completed and met all of the requirements of the Ignite program, you will receive regular admission to Valdosta State University for the sequential Fall term.
Check out the Ignite program brochure by clicking the cover below
How Will You Benefit From Ignite?
- Strengthen your skills in Math or English courses
- Earn credit to satisfy part of the VSU Core Curriculum*
- Develop time management skills
- Enhance your study skills
- Develop confidence to improve participation in your classes
- Attending mandatory tutoring sessions with course instructors and embedded tutors will help you succeed in your classes
- Participation in cohort style classes will promote social interaction with your peers and will provide a sense of familiarity with your professors
- Learn about the multiple academic and social resources VSU has to offer
- Become acclimated to campus before VSU's Fall semester begins
*In order to meet the requirements of the Summer Ignite Program, you must pass each class with a grade of "C" or higher.