Vaccines required by Valdosta State University
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses or Proof of Immunity
- Not required if born before 1957
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis or Td booster - 1 dose of Tdap or one Td booster if it has been ≥ 10 years after receiving Tdap
- Hepatitis B (required for students who are 18 years of age or younger at time of entering VSU) - 3 Vaccines
- Varicella Vaccine – 2 doses (or history of disease)
- Required for all 1980 or later of US born students
- Required for all foreign-born students regardless of birth year
There is one recommended immunization if you live on campus and it is the immunization against meningococcal meningitis.
If you fail to meet these requirements, a hold will be placed on your student account that will prevent registration for classes.
Certificate of Immunizations
A Health Care Provider must complete the form; Office Stamp, Name, Date, and Signature are required.
- Valdosta State Immunization Form, Medical History Form, and TB Screening Risk Assessment Form
- All forms must be completed in English
- Foreign language reports Will Not be accepted as well as hand written lab results
- Dates of immunizations or titers with results are required
Upload, mail, fax, or email Immunizations to:
Valdosta State University
Student Health Center
200 Georgia Avenue
Valdosta, GA 31698
Laboratory testing for Immunizations
Blood titers can be drawn (for a fee) to prove immunity for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Hepatitis B.
Cost of Vaccines
|MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella)||$70|
|Hepatitis-B Antibody Titer||$12.76|
** Services and prices may vary with cost and are subject to change without notice.
Certain exemptions may be provided, however, the reason for the exemption must be placed on the Certificate of Immunizations.
If you have a question regarding your immunizations or a hold being placed on your account regarding immunizations, you may call (229) 219-3200.
If you are currently enrolled in classes, you may also obtain a copy of your immunization by registering on the VSU Student Health online appointment system. By registering through the online appointment system, you will be provided an option to print your immunization history (under My Profile).