COVID-19 Update Housing Information
Greetings future Blazer Residents.
We know that many of you have questions about the fall semester and returning to campus. There are a lot of unknowns at this point, but Housing and Residence Life is doing everything that we can to provide you, your families, your fellow hall mates, and our staff a safe and healthy learning environment. This page will serve as the latest update to all things housing including our strategies for sanitizing, social distancing, engagement, safety, and move-in. As we continue to have updates through working with our campus partners, guidance from the Board of Regents, and the CDC, we will push them out to you through your VSU email and post them on this page.
Housing and Residence Life would like to share some of the processes we are taking in preparation for the Fall Semester:
- Installing decals on the floor near each front desk to remind people to keep their distance.
- Posting signage with tips on staying safe in each of our common areas.
- Installing sneeze guards to each desk.
- Installing hand sanitizers in each lobby.
- Increasing number of trash receptacles.
- Providing resources for students to self-clean or wipe down bathrooms and common areas.
- We are considering a temporary restriction on visitors in the halls.
- When needed, enforcing resident social distancing in accordance to CDC standards.
- Implementing a modified residential curriculum engagement and programming model to include virtual and social distancing components.
- Possibly relocating any affected students to another room, hall or other location in the event of a required self-quarantine or isolation as determined by the University Health Center.