Updated July 8, 2020
VSU has finalized the reopening plan for fall semester with the University System of Georgia.
Details from the plan are available at www.Valdosta.edu/return.
VSU will resume on-campus classes for the Fall semester with a primary focus on the safety of our students and employees. VSU employees began a phased return to campus on June 15, following social distancing and sanitation protocols. For more information on the return to work plan, please visit our online guide.
VSU is currently operating on a modified schedule for campus services. For details on how this affects specific offices and services, visit our campus operations guide.
For an archive of messages sent to campus about COVID-19, visit the campus messages page.
- Campus leaders have finalized the reopening plan for Fall semester with the University System of Georgia. Details from the plan are available at www.valdosta.edu/return
- The academic calendar for Fall 2020 has been changed to cancel Fall Break in October and transition to online instruction after Thanksgiving break. For details, click here.
- All orientations this summer are being held virtually. For details, including registration information, visit our orientation website.
- Requests for alternate work arrangements for employees at high risk from symptoms of coronavirus should be submitted to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In accordance with Governor Kemp's order for state agencies to reduce their budgets by 14% for fiscal year 2021, administration is working with leaders at the system office and on campus to implement a revised budget for fiscal year 2021.
- For information on the reported cases in the state of Georgia see the Georgia Department of Health daily report.
- Valdosta State has received federal funding under the CARES Act. These emergency financial aid grants are for student expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus including eligible expenses such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and child care. More information, including eligibility requirements and the application, can be found on the CARES Act website.
- All USG institutions will require face coverings in all campus facilities and buildings beginning July 15. Details are available in Campus Messages.
- You can search our FAQ, which is being continually updated, for more information.
This website will be updated as new information becomes available and as the situation unfolds.
Valdosta State University continues to closely monitor activities and developments related to the spread and management of coronavirus (COVID-19) in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Public Health. This site and resources are meant to support the health and wellness of our university community.
Virtual town halls are planned for the week of July 6 with university administrators. Sessions will be offered for:
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020 [Completed]
- Hosts: Dr. Richard Carvajal, president, and Dr. Robert Smith, provost and vice president for academic affairs.
- To watch the recording, faculty members should check Blazeview's VSU 1101 shell for a secure link to the virtual town hall.
- TBD :: Details coming soon
- Students and families:
Report Health Concerns
Students who test positive for COVID-19 should immediately notify the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students at 229-333-5941. If after office hours then the student should call campus police at 229-333-7816 to be transferred to the on-call Dean. For more information, read the FAQ section of the coronavirus website.
All VSU Employees: If you are feeling sick or have tested positive for COVID-19, do not report to work; contact Human Resources immediately. For more employee resources on safety and prevention, please visit our Return to Campus plan. Please contact your Primary Care Provider (PCP) for your medical needs.