Reade Hall is a two-story, co-ed residence hall which houses approximately 88 students. Reade Hall is different than other residence hall in that it houses mostly freshmen honor students. Reade has also been recently renovated during the Spring and Summer of 2009. The renovation included upgrades of all major systems and new furnishings!
Originally constructed in 1936, Reade Hall was formerly known as "Senior Hall." In 1957, it was renamed Reade Hall in honor of Frank R. Reade, the third President of Valdosta State University.