Ed.S. in Instructional Technology: P-12 Technology Applications Concentration
- Total Credit Hours: 30
- Degree Format: Online
The Ed.S. in Instructional Technology with a P-12 Technology Applications concentration offers an exciting and practical way to enhance the learning environment of the students with whom you work. Delivered completely online, the program calls for ongoing application of the instructional design knowledge you will gain, as well as the implementation of the new technology tools with which you will develop skills. Successful completion of the degree and associated GACE exam leads to a GaPSC service certificate at the 6th level in Instructional Technology. Aligned to ISTE Coach’s NETS and the GA PSC Instructional Technology standards, our up-to-date program provides valuable opportunities for students to prepare to be technology coaches, coordinators, or instructional technologists in public schools. One recent graduate commented, “I thrive on feedback. I seek it out, and the design of this program is wonderful for that. I have learned so much from working with my classmates in these classes. I also intend to continue my relationships with these people.”
Cost and Length of Program
The prescribed Ed.S. in Instructional Technology with a P-12 Technology Applications concentration course sequence will allow you to complete the course requirements of the program within 5 semesters. Based on completing 30 course hours, the estimated cost of the program is *$8,790 not including standard University fees, some of which are waived for online students. We encourage you to compare our cost with any other institution. We think you will be pleasantly surprised to see what a great value VSU is.
*Cost estimation based on Fall 2016 rates.
|Required Documents||Admission Requirements|
|Online Graduate Application||
|One Official Transcript from each institution where you have previously enrolled (undergraduate and graduate).
(Transcripts of coursework completed in-residence at VSU will be obtained by the Graduate School.
Must hold a valid level 4 or higher induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service field certificate, or Life certificate.
|Graduate Record Exam or Miller Analogies Test||
GRE or MAT scores are required.
Recommended minimum scores for GRE:
|Ed.S. IT Essay
|Submit the 1500 word Ed.S. IT Essay.|
|VSU Medical Form
Page 1 of Medical Form
Page 2 of Medical Form
Unless otherwise indicated above, all required documents must be received on or before the admission deadline for your file to be reviewed. It is the applicant's responsibility to allow adequate time for document delivery and to ensure receipt of documents. Please allow at least 7-10 days for delivery by mail.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION
This program is delivered in a fully-online format. No campus visits are required.
- Call Us: 229-333-5694 or toll free 800-618-1878, Option #5
- Email Us: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Us: Converse Hall (Main Campus), Third Floor, Suite 3100
- Students must complete an application for graduation one semester prior to their expected graduation date. Application will be mailed via USPS by your advisor, but student is responsible for contacting advisor with up to date mailing address.
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) is required for graduation. No grade below a “C” will be credited toward the degree. No more than 2 grades of “C” will be accepted toward the minimum GPA.
- Students seeking GA educator certification will take the required GACE exam and submit copies of the official score report to the program coordinator before being cleared for program completion. Passing scores are required before recommendation for certification is made.
Curriculum, Leadership, and Technology Building
1310 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698