Post-Baccalaureate Program for Pre-Medical Students
- Total Credit Hours: 32
About this field
This is a four semester program designed for students who currently possess a baccalaureate degree but lack the necessary prerequisite courses to apply for admission to medical school.
The Valdosta State Difference
This program is administered by faculty in the Department of Biology who collectively have more than 100 years of experience successfully advising students that want to attend medical school. Advisers will assist students with all aspects of their applications. This program can be started in the fall, spring or summer semesters.
What You'll Learn
The curriculum is designed to meet admission requirements for allopathic and osteopathic medical schools and will also help prepare the student to obtain a competitive score on the MCAT exam.
- BIOL 1107 - Principles of Biology I
- BIOL 1107L – Principles of Biology Laboratory I
- CHEM 1211 - Principles of Chemistry I
- CHEM 1211L - Principles of Chemistry Laboratory I
- BIOL 1108 - Principles of Biology II
- BIOL 1108L – Principles of Biology Laboratory II
- CHEM 1212 - Principles of Chemistry II
- CHEM 1212L - Principles of Chemistry Laboratory II
- CHEM 3401 - Organic Chemistry I
- PHYS 1111 - Introductory Physics I
- CHEM 3401 - Organic Chemistry II
- PHYS 1112 - Introductory Physics II
Room 2035, 2nd Floor
Bailey Science Building