Master of Education in Higher Education Leadership
- Total Credit Hours: 36
- Degree Format: Online
About this field
To further your career in higher education and/or student affairs, having a well-rounded understanding of how a university functions is imperative. Valdosta State University’s online Master of Education in Higher Education Leadership program provides you with an opportunity to apply what you’re experiencing in your practice to course work in higher education. The coursework provides a strong foundation in understanding higher education administration and governance, college student development and identity, assessment, research, finance and additional areas that can address your own desired competencies and outcomes.
Join our program to experience
- National recognition
- Selected as one of the Best Online Master’s in Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Selected as one of the Best Master’s in Higher Education Programs by Intelligent.com
- Courses aligned to Professional Competency Areas for Student Affairs Educators by
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- National Association for Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- Course activities involving interactions with diverse college students and institutional environments to expand your expertise
- Multiple options to gain field experience
- Internship opportunities to gain real-world experience
- Graduate Assistantships in a variety of offices across university divisions
The online Master of Education in Higher Education Leadership can help you prepare for professional administrative, leadership, and student-oriented positions and career advancement opportunities in a variety of post-secondary settings.
According to the Department of Labor Statistics, “Employment of postsecondary education administrators is projected to grow 4 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Expected growth may result from increasing student enrollment in colleges and universities”. The Valdosta State University Master’s of Higher Education Leadership proudly has a 95%+ job placement rate.
Curriculum, Leadership, and Technology Building
1310 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698