M.A. Degree with a Major in History
- Total Credit Hours: 36
- Degree Format: Traditional
About this field
History is the study of past events, people and eras. The discipline involves research, reading and writing, with an emphasis on interpreting and analyzing information. The history program at Valdosta State University is a good choice for students interested in the discipline who want to broaden their educational horizons and prepare for a number of careers or graduate school.
- Application Fee (credit or debit card and e-checks accepted)
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally- accredited institution.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale calculated on all attempted coursework.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in all college-level History courses, with no grade below a "C" in a History course.
- Minimum of 15 semester hours credit in upper-level (3000 or above) History courses.
- Minimum GRE Requirements:
- 500 Verbal score and 4.0 Analytical score
- An essay detailing applicant’s interest in enrolling in the program, goals for advancing his/her intellectual abilities in the program, and how study in the program will advance his/her professional skills.
- Recommendations from professionals familiar with your academic work.
- Sample of formal writing such as a research or seminar paper.
- Community Relations Professional
- Congressional Aide
- Historic Site Professional
- Information Manager
- Legislative Assistant
- Literary Agent
- Litigation Support Staff Member
- Market Research Analyst
- Museum Professional
- Museum Specialist
- News Correspondent
- Nonprofit Professional
- Park Ranger
- Political Scientist
- Public Policy Specialist
- Publishing Executive
- Records Manager
- Secondary School Teacher
- Social Services Administrator
1001 Ashley Hall
Valdosta, GA 31698