Ed.S. in Instructional Technology: P-12 Technology Applications Concentration
- Total Credit Hours: 30
- Degree Format: Online
About this field
The Ed.S. in Instructional Technology with a P-12 Technology Applications concentration offers an exciting and practical way to enhance the learning environment of the students with whom you work.
The program is
- Delivered completely online,
- Takes only 30 semester-hours, and
- Offers three guided elective courses, which you choose in conjunction with advisors. Elective concentrations include online teaching, multimedia, technology leadership, adult education, and more.
During the program, ongoing application of the instructional design knowledge you gain, and implementation of the new technology tools you learn will be central. Successful completion of the degree and associated GACE exam leads to a GaPSC service certificate at level 6 in Instructional Technology. Aligned to ISTE Coach’s NETS and the GA PSC Instructional Technology standards, our up-to-date program provides valuable opportunities for students to prepare to be technology coaches, coordinators, or instructional technologists in public schools. One recent graduate commented, “I thrive on feedback. I seek it out, and the design of this program is wonderful for that. I have learned so much from working with my classmates in these classes. I also intend to continue my relationships with these people.”
Cost and Length of Program
The prescribed Ed.S. in Instructional Technology with a P-12 Technology Applications concentration course sequence will allow you to complete the course requirements of the program within 5 semesters. Based on completing 30 course hours, the estimated cost of the program is *$8,790 not including standard University fees, some of which are waived for online students. We encourage you to compare our cost with any other institution. We think you will be pleasantly surprised to see what a great value VSU is.
*Cost estimation based on Fall 2021 rates.
|Required Documents||Admission Requirements|
|Online Graduate Application||
|One Official Transcript from each institution where you previously enrolled in graduate classes.
(Transcripts of coursework completed in-residence at VSU will be obtained by the Graduate School.
Must hold a valid level 4 or higher induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service field certificate, or Life certificate.
|Graduate Record Exam or Miller Analogies Test||
|Ed.S. IT Essay (Guidelines)||Submit the 1500-word (maximum) Ed.S. IT Essay. See the guidelines and be sure to address any special interests you may have in the field of instructional technology or education in general.|
|VSU Medical Form||
Unless otherwise indicated above, all required documents must be received on or before the admission deadline for your file to be reviewed. It is the applicant's responsibility to allow adequate time for document delivery and to ensure receipt of documents. Please allow at least 7-10 days for delivery by mail.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION
This program is delivered in a fully-online format. No campus visits are required.
- Call Us: 229-333-5694 or toll free 800-618-1878, Option #5
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Visit Us: Converse Hall (Main Campus), Third Floor, Suite 3100
- Students must complete an application for graduation one semester prior to their expected graduation date. Application is available online, and you must contact your advisor for instructions and timing. Student is responsible for contacting advisor with up to date USPS mailing address as some items will need to be mailed.
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) is required for graduation. No grade below a “C” will be credited toward the degree. No more than 2 grades of “C” will be accepted toward the minimum GPA.
- Students seeking GA educator certification will take the required GACE exam and submit copies of the official score report to the program coordinator and/or your advisor before being cleared for program completion. Passing scores on the GACE and adequate field logs are required before recommendation for certification will be made.
Curriculum, Leadership, and Technology Building
1310 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698