- Ed.S. in Instructional Technology: P-12 Technology Applications Concentration with School Library Media add-on
Ed.S. in Instructional Technology: P-12 Technology Applications Concentration with School Library Media add-on
- Total Credit Hours: 36
- Degree Format: Online
About this field
The Ed.S. in Instructional Technology that leads to the P-12 Instructional Technology Certification can result in an add-on School Library Media Certification is a 36-hour program of study that helps prepare you to successfully pass the Media Specialist GACE. It is an inventive program of study that qualifies students to take the Media Specialist GACE and apply for certification in School Library Media at the level of certification they bring to the program. A level upgrade to Level 6 is, however a potential result of successful completion of the program because of the instructional technology core of the program that leads to certification in Instructional Technology. Coursework offers continuous opportunities to apply new technology tools in the learning environment in which you work, while at the same time developing the knowledge and skills necessary to be an effective School Library Media Specialist. Successful completion of the degree and Instructional Technology GACE makes graduates eligible for a Level 6 service certificate in IT. Come join the online learners at Valdosta State and take advantage of the qualified team of instructors who are committed to making your learning experience a practical and valuable one.
Cost and Length of Program
The prescribed dual certification Ed.S. in Instructional Technology with a P-12 Technology Applications concentration and Library Media certification course sequence is designed to allow you to complete the course requirements of the program within 6 semesters. Based on completing 36 course hours, the estimated cost of the program is *$11,427 not including standard University fees, some of which are waived for online students. We encourage you to compare our cost with any other institution. We think you will be pleasantly surprised to see what a great value VSU is.
*Cost estimation based on Fall 2021 rates.
|Required Documents||Admission Requirements|
|Online Graduate Application||
|One Official Transcript from each institution where you have previously enrolled (undergraduate and graduate).
(Transcripts of coursework completed in-residence at VSU will be obtained by the Graduate School.
|Valid Certificate (P-12 Concentration Only)||
Must hold a valid level 4 or higher induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service field certificate, or Life certificate.
|Graduate Record Exam or Miller Analogies Test||
|Ed.S. IT Essay (Guidelines)||Submit the 1500-word (maximum) Ed.S. IT Essay. See the guidelines and be sure to address any special interests you may have in the field of instructional technology or education in general.|
|VSU Medical Form||
Unless otherwise indicated above, all required documents must be received on or before the admission deadline for your file to be reviewed. It is the applicant's responsibility to allow adequate time for document delivery and to ensure receipt of documents. Please allow at least 7-10 days for delivery by mail. If you have special needs related to application dates, please email email@example.com with your concerns.
Important Program Information
This program is delivered in a fully-online format. No campus visits are required.
- Call Us: 229-333-5694 or toll free 800-618-1878, Option #5
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Visit Us: Converse Hall (Main Campus), Third Floor, Suite 3100
- Students must complete an application for graduation one semester prior to their expected graduation date. Application is available online, and you must contact your advisor for instructions and timing. Student is responsible for contacting advisor with up to date USPS mailing address as some items will need to be mailed.
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) is required for graduation. No grade below a “C” will be credited toward the degree. No more than 2 grades of “C” will be accepted toward the minimum GPA.
- Students seeking GA educator certification will take the required GACE exam for each certification field (IT and LM) and submit copies of the official score report to the program coordinator before being cleared for program completion. Passing scores on the GACE and adequate field logs are required before recommendation for certification will be made.
Curriculum, Leadership, and Technology Building
1310 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698