B.S. Engineering Technology
- Total Credit Hours: 120
- Degree Format: Traditional
About this field
The B.S. in Engineering Technology degree with a concentration in Industrial Engineering Technology at VSU is a multi-disciplinary track that involves many lecture-based courses related to engineering, math, statistics, computer science, and business. All senior Engineering Technology students will be required to complete a capstone proposal and project prior to graduation where each student will design and carry-out, in collaboration with a faculty member, a project that reflects the knowledge and skills they have developed while in the program. Course List
The Valdosta State Difference
Students in the Valdosta State industrial engineering technology program will be able to build upon a strong foundation in physics, engineering technology, math, computer, business, and humanities. The small class sizes in engineering courses at VSU make it possible for each student to get individual attention and have one-on-one interaction with the engineering faculty.
What You'll Learn
Students who graduate from VSU with an B.S. in Engineering Technology will:
1. Have the ability to design and conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data;
2. Have the ability to apply knowledge and skills learned in math, science and engineering to solve problems related to engineering and other fields;
3. Have the ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs, while meeting economic, political, ethical, health and safety, environmental, manufacturability, and sustainability constraints;
4. Be adaptable problem solvers and critical thinkers with strong oral and written communication skills;
5. Have the ability to work equally well independently and in team environments.
Opportunities for Internship in local manufacturing companies (e.g., SAFT of America, a manufacturer of high technology batteries, Packaging Corporation of America, PCA, and other manufacturing companies) are available.
- Industrial Engineer
- Industrial Engineering Manager/Supervisor
- Industrial Engineering Technologist
- Process Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Supply Chain Analyst
Nevins Hall Room 2006
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, Georgia 31698