Pre-Orientation To-Do List
Welcome and congratulations on your acceptance to Valdosta State University!
You are among a special group who we’ve chosen to attend VSU. We hope you are as excited to be here as we are to have you.
Orientation is designed to help students transition into college and assist family members in understanding their student’s experience during this exciting time. The information below will help prepare you for Orientation so that you can accomplish everything you need to do on that day and feel ready to begin your journey as part of the Blazer Nation.
Pre-orientation to-do list:
- Remember your VSU ID #: Trust us, you’ll need this number for everything.
- Log onto your Banner account
- Register for an orientation session: Located in your Banner account - Select New Student Portal after logging in.
- Orientation housing: On-Campus housing is available for you and up to three guests before and after orientation for only $30 per night, per person. Whether you have paid for this during the registration process or not, if you would like to stay on campus please complete the Orientation Housing Registration form.
- If you are attending a One-day session: A part of your Orientation experience requires for you to complete learning modules prior to your session. You may access these modules at this website. It is imperative for you to complete this prior to your session. If you are attending a two-day session, do not complete the modules.
- Upload your picture for VSU 1Card (student ID): Submit your photo at least 48 hours in advance so you can pick up your ID at orientation.
- If you have taken AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate) or Dual Enrollment courses:
Bring a list of these credits with you to Orientation. We want to make sure that you do not enroll in duplicate courses. Providing this information prior to your orientation session will assist with advising. You may also submit your transcripts/scores electronically to the Office of Admissions ahead of your orientation session. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Locate your VSU Math Placement level in Banner: (Sign into Banner then click "Student Records", then "Student Information"). Your math placement will indicate which math course is recommended as the first course for you to take. If you are not satisfied with your placement level and want to try to improve it, you may take the Math Placement Exam (ALEKS) online via Banner. Complete at least one week prior to your orientation session.
- Determine your VSU Foreign Language Placement: All students are highly encouraged to take the WebCAPE placement exam, which recommends the appropriate language level. The exam is currently available for French, German, Russian, and Spanish. The WebCAPE is offered online and may be taken via any computer with an Internet connection. The password is blazers1. Print and bring your results to your orientation session.
- Complete the FAFSA: Stay in contact with the Office of Financial Aid as needed until the form has been submitted.