Prepare for Virtual Orientation
You are among a special group that we’ve chosen to attend VSU. We hope you are as excited to be here as we are to have you. When you choose Valdosta State, you are starting on an endless journey of opportunities to learn, grow and pursue your passion!
Blazer Beginnings Virtual Orientation is designed to assist you and your family transition into college and assist in understanding all of the many great experiences VSU offers during this exciting time. The information below will help prepare you to participate in the virtual orientation session so that you are ready to begin your journey as part of the Blazer Nation.
Prepare for Virtual Orientation:
- Locate and memorize your VSU ID#. Trust us, you'll need that information! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have your ID number.
- Register for virtual orientation. In the New Student Checklist, scroll to the orientation section after logging in. You will find the link to register in this section.
- Access your VSU Email. You will start receiving official communications to that email address around the time that virtual orientation opens in May. Find your email by clicking on the "Email" button on the top right of the New Student Checklist. If you need assistance locating your VSU email address, email email@example.com.
- Access Blazeview: Located in your MyVSU portal, Blazeview is the online platform where you will access virtual orientation. Look for a course titled Blazer Beginnings Virtual Orientation. You will see this course beginning May 18th if you have registered for orientation. If you register on May 18th or later, you will see the course the following business day.
- Gather academic transcripts for the MyMajors Assessment and Pre-Enrollment Survey. Completion of these instruments will be your first step in virtual orientation experience. You will be asked to provide information about courses you took and the grades you earned. You can find them in the Start Here module of the Blazer Beginnings Virtual Orientation course in Blazeview.
- Complete the FAFSA. The status of your FAFSA can be viewed in the New Student Checklist. Once complete, you will be able to view your awards and estimated costs. Stay in contact with the Office of Financial Aid as needed until all required forms have been submitted.
- Complete your Housing Application. First-time, first-year Freshmen that live farther than 50 miles from Valdosta State University are required to live on campus. If you will be living on campus, make sure you have completed the Housing Application process. Freshmen who desire to live off campus need to complete the Freshman Residency Exemption Process form.
- Submit official transcripts for any Dual Enrollment (Move on When Ready) courses, and AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate), AICE (Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education) exams you have taken. While you are asked about these on the MyMajors/Pre-Enrollment survey, you will need to send official transcripts to VSU to receive credits for the courses/exams above; your high school transcript does not grant credit these credits. Submit your transcripts/scores electronically to the Office of Admissions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.