Project Learning Tree
The STEAM Center is excited to announce it being a hub for Project Learning Tree in South Georgia! For more information about Project Learning Tree or how to become certified in PLT, please visit their website.
Many times, teachers could use a quick idea or even an in depth lesson about the environment. "Developed in 1976, Project Learning Tree (PLT) uses forests as a window on the world and provides educators with environmental education curriculum resources that can be integrated into lesson plans for all grades and subject areas. PLT teaches students how to think, not what to think, about complex environmental issues and helps them acquire the skills they need to make sound choices about the environment. PLT's 50-state network includes more than 500,000 trained educators using PLT materials that cover the total environment. PLT is a program of the American Forest Foundation."
- American Forest Foundation. Project Learning Tree: PreK-8
Environmental Education Activity Guide (c) 2015
Project Learning Tree advances environmental literacy and promotes stewardship through excellence in environmental education, professional development, and curriculum resources that use trees and forests as windows on the world.
Project Learning Tree is committed to creating a future where the next generation values the natural world and has the knowledge and skills necessary to make informed decisions and take responsible actions to sustain forests and the broader environment.
- Provide students with the awareness, appreciation, skills, and commitment to address environmental issues.
- Enable students to apply scientific processes and higher order thinking skills to resolve environmental problems.
- Help students acquire an appreciation for and tolerance of diverse viewpoints on environmental issues and develop attitudes and actions based on analysis and evaluation of the available information.
- Encourage creativity, originality, and flexibility to resolve environmental problems and issues.
- Inspire and empower students to become responsible, productive, and participatory members of society.
Once certified, please visit our PLT Activity Index to reserve your activity kit from the STEAM Center!