2021 Spring Move-In Information
Spring 2021 Housing assignments and roommate information have been posted in the Housing Portal. Move-in for Spring 2021 will begin at 9am on Friday, January 8th. Students will be assigned a specific time, if their assigned time needs to be changed or if they will not arrive until Saturday/Sunday, please email Jenni Shinpaugh at email@example.com with your specific needs. We won’t be taking walk-ins for housing assignments in person but we will have an online request form set up on the 1st day of classes and will make assignments based on availability.
DUE TO GUIDELINES ON HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN BE IN OFFICES, WE ARE DOING OUR WALK-IN HOUSING ASSIGNMENT PROCESS ON-LINE THIS YEAR. PLEASE SUBMIT THIS FORM IF YOU ARE STILL SEEKING HOUSING FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR. IF WE HAVE A SPACE AVAILABLE FOR YOU, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE AND YOUR VSU EMAIL.
We are excited to welcome you all to campus this spring. We have put together some information about what to expect during move-in along with some tips about how to be successful throughout the process. Understanding what we know about COVID-19 and the spread of the virus, we have implemented the following in order to maintain a safe and smooth transition for all students and families:
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have a temperature of 101.3 or higher, or identify as a person of high risk for exposure
- We recommend only essentials and that you limit the number of boxes/items as you will have a limited time to move-in and we will not be able to provide any volunteers to assist with carrying your belongings
- We will only be allowing 2 cars per student and only 2 guests to assist with move-in
- All individuals must wear a face mask during the move-in process.
- Download the What to Bring Checklist
Should we receive further direction from the university, the University System of Georgia, the State of Georgia, and the Centers for Disease Control, University Housing will provide updates via VSU email and on this page as they become available.
Please contact that Office of Housing and Residence Life if you have any questions. You can email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 229-333-5920.