Tuition, Fees, and Costs of the Program
Exercise Physiology Program
2. Criminal Background Check and 10 Panel Drug test (required once unless required for other reasons) $75 - $100
3. HSEP 3020, HSEP 3010, HSEP 3050 and HSEP 4510 laboratory fee (required for lab material during the course) $50 per course
4. At least one Set Black Scrubs with VSU Logos (Top and Bottom) $35-$50
5. Textbook / Technology cost: dependent on course textbook requirements and technology resource costs per semester. Information should be available via Banner, emailed information to student, and/or course syllabus.
6. American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) Certification Course (required upon admission and then every other year): $50 per certification
7. Travel to educational experience sites as warranted: gas, basic car maintenance (most sites are in Lowndes County or within a 50 mile radius).
8. Miscellaneous clothing cost: dress casual, dress shirts, dress pants, coat, tie, dresses, dress shoes are required for certain aspects of the program. (i.e. dress attire for student presentations, dress attire for guest speakers, dress attire for conferences, dress attire for interviews, dress attire for certain clinical education experience rotations, etc.).
9. Tuition/Housing/Meals/etc.: dependent on individual student options. The current tuition and fee schedules are available on the “Student Financial Services” webpage.
10. ACSM student or affiliate membership. $20 / year
11. HSEP 4550 Exercise Physiology Internship course. Students should expect to work 40 hours/week for a minimum of 10 weeks usually without financial compensation. Students that elect to intern at a facility located outside of Lowndes County may incur additional expenses related to travel, meals, lodging and etc.
12. Items above involve approximate costs. Additional cost may be required. The Exercise Physiology faculty will inform the student as soon as possible regarding unforeseen expenses related to the program.