Nursing Endowment Scholarship
SCHOOL OF NURSING
The scholarship is designed to address the need to diversify the nursing profession. The scholarship will be used to provide funds for members of an Underrepresented Minority Group, meaning those populations that are underrepresented in the nursing profession relative to their numbers in the general population. In Nursing, this is typically defined as individuals who are biologically male and individuals from the following backgrounds: American Indian, Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander. Caucasian/non-Hispanic applicants are not eligible candidates. This scholarship award has an award limit of two semesters. The scholarship is available fall and spring semesters with respective deadlines of April 1st and November 1st. Students may receive the award more than once if they continue to meet the criteria set forth in this agreement.
The application deadline for this award is April 1.
Additional Requirements for all recipients (In addition to the criteria above)
- Recipient must possess and maintain a 3.0 GP
- Recipient must participate in one Open House/Campus tour or recruitment event in the semester the award is received.
- Recipient must participate 16 hours in community service activities in the South Georgia region in the semester the award is received. (Student must secure their community service activities within one month of receiving the scholarship):
- Partnership for Health
- Local food bank
- Homeless shelter
- Habitat for humanity
- Langdale Hospice House
- American Cancer Society
- Community soup kitchen
- Battered Women’s Organization
- Or any other agency as approved by the scholarship committee