Teacher Education Admission Requirements
The following requirements must be satisfied for admission into the Health and Physical Education teacher education program:
- Declare the major as Health and Physical Education.
- Have earned at least 45 earned hours.
- Have achieved the overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Have completed the GaPSC Educator Ethics Assessment – Program Entry.
- Have either exempted or earned passing scores for all components of the GACE Program Admission Assessment (test numbers 200, 201, 202, or Combined Tests 700) OR GACE Basic Skills Assessment. Methods of exemption for the GACE Program Admission Assessment are as follows:
- A minimum SAT score of 1000 on Verbal/Critical Reading and Math
- A minimum ACT score of 43 on Math and English
- A minimum GRE composite score of 1030 on Verbal and Quantitative for tests before August 1, 2011
- A minimum GRE composite score of 297 on Verbal and Quantitative for tests on or after August 1, 2011
- You hold a current or expired Georgia Clear Renewable (professional) certification
- You hold a current or expired professional certificate from another state or are being recommended for certification from a preparation program approved in another state
Once you have met all of the requirements above, please submit an Application for Admission into Teacher Education. Please note: You will also be required to earn a satisfactory grade ('S') in the admission to Teacher Education course (EDUC 2999) in order to begin taking major courses. Be sure to register for this course once you have met the first three admission requirements above.