Continuing Education Information
The Marriage and Family Therapy Program offers FREE and low-cost continuing education and professional development opportunities for licensed marriage and family therapists and social workers. Live and archived webinar events can be found below, as well as a list of local in-person opportunities. Join our MFT mailing list to receive information regarding future CE opportunities!
We also offer free in-person and online therapy for individuals, couples, and families in Georgia through our FamilyWorks clinic.
Free CE Opportunities
The Marriage and Family Therapy program is home to the Military Families Learning Network (MFLN) Family Development team. This project provides FREE continuing education and professional development opportunities, online resources, and information to support clinical and advocacy work with military and civilian families.
MFLN’s FREE webinars focus on topics related to early intervention, family strengthening, family violence prevention, and treatment. A list of CE credit opportunities and details on available accreditations can be found on each webinar event page. Participants can earn CE credits by attending a live webinar event or watching an archived webinar, filling out a short evaluation survey, and taking a post-test.
To register for an upcoming live webinar, visit the Family Development team's Upcoming Webinar page. For day-before webinar reminders of upcoming sessions, join the MFLN Family Development mailing list!
To earn no-cost CE credits right away, you can watch one of the archived webinars below:
- Talking with Youth about Sex, Sexuality, and Media
- Considering the Adolescent Brain When Addressing Problematic Sexual Behavior of Youth
- Overview of Treatment for Children Impacted by Problematic Sexual Behavior of Other Youth
- Engaging Families in Clinical Services: A Discussion on Engagement in Family Advocacy Settings
- Problematic Sexual Behavior: The Importance of a Multidisciplinary Evidence-Based Approach
- Modeling Healthy Technology Behaviors for Young Children
- Supporting Youth to Set Healthy Boundaries with Technology
- From Hysteria to Hope: Bringing Reason to Sexual Abuse in Childhood
- Sexualized Behaviors in Children & Youth
- Military Family Readiness Academy - Supporting Parents and Children Through Hazards and Disasters
- Healthy Moms, Happy Babies I: Supporting Staff to Help Families Remotely
- Healthy Moms, Happy Babies II: Virtually Supporting Parents Experiencing Domestic Abuse
- Engaging Military Fathers to Model Healthy Relationships for their Children: Lessons from Promundo’s Global Work with Dads
- What Helping Professionals Need to Know About Kincare
- Coming Together with Sesame Street: Resources for Racial Justice
- Sesame Street and You: Caring for Each Other During COVID-19 and Other Emergencies
- Engaged & Extraordinary: Supporting Young Children with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities | Kids Serve Too!
- Using Evidence-Based Programs to Best Support Military Families: An Intro to the Continuum of Evidence
- Supporting Families During the Early Childhood Years: An Overview of the Take Root and Sprout Parenting Programs
- Supporting Families During the Elementary School Years: An Overview of the Grow Parenting Programs
- An Overview of the Branch Out Parenting Program and Other Thrive Resources
FAQs About Live and Archived MFLN Webinars
How do I register for and attend a live webinar event?
Register to attend a live webinar event by visiting the MFLN Family Development Webinars page. Click on the link provided for the event you would like to attend. Once you are on the webinar event page, you can register by clicking the RSVP button located on the right side of the page.
How do I receive CE credits for attending live or archived webinar events?
To receive CE credits for attending a live webinar or viewing an archived webinar, participants must successfully complete a post-test. Instructions regarding how to access and complete the post-test will be given at the end of the webinar session and are available at the bottom of each webinar event page. CE certificates are automatically emailed to participants within 24-48 hours of successful post-test completion.
How do I find webinars that are ready for me to watch right now?
Links to webinar replays of all webinars can be found under the Archived Webinar section located on the MFLN FD webinar page. You can also choose from the list above or visit past webinar event pages for the video replays!
What are some ways I can incorporate these professional development sessions into my work?
- Use educational materials for class development.
- Add to classroom resources.
- Share with colleagues and/or students interested in the topic area(s).
- Participate in upcoming webinars and ask subject matter experts questions during live sessions.
- Obtain CE credit from select accrediting agencies and/or obtain an MFLN certificate of completion to track professional development hours.
Low-and No-Cost CE Opportunities Through GAMFT and SGMFT
The Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy is the professional organization for Marriage and Family Therapy in Georgia. For over four decades, GAMFT has provided leadership and expertise in systems-based, relationally-focused therapy practice. GAMFT comprises 159 Georgia counties grouped into eleven regional chapters that serve fully licensed, Associate and Pre-licensed MFTs as well as MFT students. As a practice management information resource, we strive to support clinicians on the ground, as well as further the MFT clinical profession through strategic partnerships, innovative programs, and collaborative policy positions.
Virtual Coffee with your Student Rep: Q & A
- Date: Friday, March 19
- Time: 12:00pm to 1:00pm, EST
- Location: Zoom
GAMFT Student Representative Shirley Shani Ben-Zvi invites you to bring your favorite warm beverage to her monthly virtual coffee chat where you can ask your questions about the MFT journey, suggest your ideas, and connect with your peers.
Virtual Supervisor Connection
- Date: Friday, April 16
- Time: 11:30am to 1:00pm, EST
- Location: Zoom
Join us to hear a panel of AAMFT-approved, Georgia-based supervisors answer questions about the supervision process.
GAMFT Virtual Town Hall
- Date: Friday, April 30
- Time: 12:00pm to 1:00pm, EST
2021 Virtual Spring Symposium – Save the Date!
- Date: Saturday, May 22
- Time: To be announced
- Location: Zoom
Join us for speakers, student posters, and more. More details and registration information coming soon.
Go to GAMFT Events for more.
South Georgia Marriage and Family Therapy Chapter (SGMFT)
The South Georgia Marriage and Family Therapy chapter provides local, in-person continuing education opportunities covering a variety of topics related to treatment disorders, evidence-based treatment modalities, and ethical issues surrounding mental health practice. SGMFT is open to MFTs, AMFTs, and MFT students who live and work in the following counties: Appling, Atkinson, Bacon, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brantley, Brooks, Charlton, Clinch, Coffee, Colquitt, Cook, Decatur, Echols, Grady, Irwin, Lanier, Lowndes, Pierce, Seminole, Thomas, Ware.
The SGMFT Chapter strives to provide historical and updated information about various disorders and treatment modalities to equip persons with critical knowledge to enhance quality mental health counseling services. Those seeking to increase their knowledge base about various disorders, updated evidence-based treatment modalities and ethical issues surrounding mental health practice are encouraged to attend. One of the goals of SGMFT is to decrease and/or eliminate the silos among professionals in South Georgia along with insure quality continuing educational opportunities.
There are currently no SGMFT CE opportunities available. Check back with us soon or join our mailing list for updates regarding future CE opportunities.
If you are interested in CE opportunities or other events that South Georgia chapter is hosting, please contact Leah Mcmillan, chapter president.