Welcome to the Dewar College of Education and Human Services. We are very excited that you have chosen to pursue a career in education or human services. Education and human services are very rewarding, yet complex and difficult professions. Our goal is to assist you in developing the evidence-based knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary so that you will positively impact the individuals you teach or serve in the human services field.
The Dewar College of Education & Human Services creates an environment in which students and faculty exhibit eight critical principles in their teaching and learning:
- Know and demonstrate critical dispositions
- Show a commitment to equity and fairness
- Have an understanding that learning is a life-long process
- Display ownership of their learning and teaching
- Establish provisions of scaffolded support and collaboration for learning
- Understand that impact on student learning is at the center of all we do and who we are
- Exhibit effective use of technology for teaching, learning, and collaboration
- Incorporate standards that guide what we teach and what students learn
Welcome to the Dewar College of Education & Human Services — where you prepare to positively impact learning through evidence-based practices! We look forward to watching your development as an effective educator or human service provider.
Lynn Minor, Interim Dean
Dewar College of Education & Human Services