Hope Transient Certificate Request

This form is for VSU students wishing to be transient to another University System of Georgia institution.  If you are a transient student to VSU, please contact your home institution and request a HOPE transient certificate be sent to VSU.

HOPE Transient:

If your current cumulative GPA is 3.4 or higher and once the request has been acknowledged by the Office of Financial Aid, your request will be processed and sent to the “host” institution within 24 hours. It’s a good idea to check with the Office of Financial Aid at the “host” institution to make sure the certificate is received. If not, please contact the VSU Office of Financial Aid, and we will follow up on the status of your request.

Please be advised, if your current cumulative GPA is 3.39 or below, your request will not be processed until the end of the semester. Due to HOPE Scholarship regulations, all GPA’s must be reviewed at the end of the semester that you attempt 30, 60 or 90 hours, and also at the end of each spring. If requesting for summer HOPE transient status, once spring grades are posted and you meet the 3.0 or higher GPA requirement, we will forward the HOPE Transient Certificate to the “host” institution indicating that you are HOPE eligible. Because the fees at the “host” institution may be due before grades are available, you may need to plan to pay your fees up front and be reimbursed by the “host” institution. At the end of the semester, you will need to make arrangements with the “host” institution to have your transcript(s) sent back to the VSU Office of Admissions.

If you fail to meet the GPA requirement of a 3.0 at one of the check points, you can regain the HOPE Scholarship at the next check point (30, 60 or 90 hours attempted hours) as long as your GPA is 3.0 or higher. For a complete review of the HOPE Scholarship Regulations, visit the Georgia Student Finance Commissions web site GAcollege411.org.

If you have not already done so, contact the VSU Office of the Registrar at (229) 333-5727, and request the Transient Permission Form. This form is required by the VSU Office of the Registrar and is necessary to make sure your classes attempted at your “host” institution will be transferred and/or accepted back to VSU.


 Please fill out the fields below.

Red asterisks indicate fields that are required for submission.