Transient Students from Other Institutions

Welcome to Valdosta State! We're glad you've chosen to attend. Here's what you're going to have to do to get your aid processed as a guest Blazer:

Note: All financial aid requests have to be done through your home institution’s financial aid office.

1. Complete the Transient Request process at your home institution.

2. Apply for admission at VSU.

3. If eligible for HOPE, request a HOPE Transient Certificate be sent to VSU from your home institution.

4. Pay all fees for courses: fee schedules

5. HOPE eligible students will pay any balance due that HOPE did not pay.

Note: Until all fees have been paid to VSU, your Consortium Agreement will not be sent back to your home institution.

6. Contact Donnell Davis in the VSU Office of Financial Aid at 1-800-618-1878 or 229-333-5935 to make sure the Consortium Agreement (a form verifying enrolled hours at VSU) has been received.

7. After the transient term is over, submit a final copy of the academic transcript from VSU to your home institution.

Click here for a printable checklist 


  • A Consortium Agreement must be completed if you are receiving any Federal Aid (i.e., Stafford Loan, Pell Grant).  Please remember that you must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours to qualify for loans.