Dine 'N' Discover Series
This event is designed for VSU Faculty and Staff to explore well-being topics while enjoying a free healthy lunch. Registration for the presentation plus meal is through Employee and Organizational Development. Anyone wanting to attend just the virtual presentation without a meal is welcome to do so by using the alternate KEPRO registration link. If you have questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Spring Schedule
WILL THERE BE A COUCH? WHAT TO EXPECT FROM COUNSELING
Wednesday, April 20 -12:00 PM to 1:00 PM -Student Union Rm. 3&4
Many people avoid counseling because of misconceptions or even fear. This session lets participants learn about the counseling process, the different types of counseling, what is talked about, and the terminology used.
Eat Well, Move More, Sleep Better
Friday, May 13 - 11 AM to 12 PM - Student Union Rm 3 &4
When we are busy with the demands of life, it can sometimes be easy for our healthy habits to slip. Yet neglecting our nutrition, poor sleep and physical inactivity can all result in reduced health and increase our risk of illness. This practical session will explore three of the most important components for living a healthy lifestyle; nutrition, movement, and sleep. It will explore the ways you can introduce new techniques for healthy practices and learn simple but effective ways to eat well, move more, and sleep better. At the end of this session participants will be able to:
• Discovering the basics of eating for energy.
• Overcoming barriers to healthy eating.
• Learning ways to move more and combat a sedentary lifestyle.
• Identifying good sleep hygiene practices
Fall 2020 - Spring 2022 Archived Recordings
- Ergonomics and Healthy Movements (coming soon)
- Making a Life While Making a Living (coming soon)
- Mindfulness 101
- Heart Disease & Metabolic Syndrome
- Healthy Mind Toolkit: Boosting your Mental Health
- Bereavement: Coping with Loss
- "Best Stressed: And the Award Goes to..."
- Stress Less with Exercise
- Self Care: Understanding Anxiety and Stress