Appalachian Trail Challenge
The USG spring 2020 challenge called the Appalachian Trail is here! This steps challenge is open to all benefits enrolled and eligible employees and their spouse on the USG healthcare plan.
Step 1: Make sure you have activated your account with the new Well-being Portal by Virgin Pulse.
- Employees - Using single sign-on, access OneUSG Connect, select Manage My Benefits, select USG Well-being tile. You will be direct to Virgin Pulse where you can active your account.
- Spouses -Create an account and log into the new Virgin Pulse Well-being Portal. Organization code is USG.
Step 2: Join the company challenge called Appalachian Trail.
- Registration is now open.
- Challenge starts February 10, 12:00 AM local time and ends on March 23, 11:59 PM local time.
- The last chance to upload your steps (manually or by synching a device) is March 24, 11:59 PM local time.
- Teams can have up to 10 participants.
- You can join an existing team or create a new team. It's up to you!
- Either way, try to have a full team of 10 to maximize your score.
- Team scores are based on total team steps.
- Each individual can get credit for a maximum of 30,000 steps per day.
- The team with the most steps at the end of the challenge wins.
- As you go, try to unlock each destination with your team.
- If you unlock all the destinations before the challenge ends, keep walking. Another team could still pass you on the Challenge Leaderboard.
- The University System of Georgia will recognize the top institution and top team.
- VSU will recognize the top five campus teams.
Celebrations and Incentives
- Stay tuned for upcoming details on the kick-off, periodic events and ending celebration that is sure to keep up the momentum.