Welcome, Parents and Families!
We look forward to welcoming you to the Valdosta State University campus for Commencement. Our celebrations take place on December 13 and 14, 2019.
All family members and guests are welcome at all Commencement ceremonies. If you or a member of your party need any disability assistance, we can help. Contact the Office of Social Equity or call 229.333.5463.
Tickets are not required for any Commencement ceremony.
Know Before You Go
- Sign up for Commencement Text Alerts
- No umbrellas are allowed during the Undergraduate ceremony
- Book your accommodations as early as possible
- No tickets are required for the commencement ceremonies
- Take care of any disabled guests needs
- Graduate degrees (including Masters, Specialists, and Doctoral) will be awarded at the 5:00 pm ceremony on May 10th at the PE Complex.
- Undergraduate degrees (including Associates and Bachelors) will be awarded at the 7:00 pm ceremony on the front lawn on May 11th.
- Commencement Attire:
- Dark pants, skirts, shoes, and tie are preferred. Flip flops and tennis shoes are not appropriate graduation attire. Because of the grass, please do not wear high heels to the undergraduate commencement ceremony. The grass will survive, but we really don't want you to fall down during the ceremony.