Grad Finale Vendors
Applying for Graduation:
- All graduating students MUST apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee of $25 by October 21, 2022.
- To apply for graduation, click here.
- If you plan on walking in your Commencement Ceremony on Friday, December 9, 2022 or Saturday, December 10, 2022, you will receive information to register for walking after completing your Graduation Application.
- If you do not plan on attending commencement, you will still need to apply for graduation.
Contact Information for the Registrar Office:
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – 229-333-5727
- Website - https://www.valdosta.edu/academics/registrar/
Career Opportunities Services to Students and Alumni:
- Career Assessments
- Job and Career Search
- Individualized Career Counseling
- Career Documentation Review
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Employer Connection
- Resume Building
- Career Fairs
Fill out this quick Final Destination Survey:
- This provides the Office of Career Opportunities an accurate picture of what your fellow graduates are doing and where they are going once graduating from Valdosta State University!
- Survey linked here.
Contact Information for Career Opportunities:
Graduating students can purchase their regalia in person at the VSU Bookstore in the Student Union. You may also purchase regalia online at the VSU Bookstore
Cap and Gowns
- Walk into the store or order through the online pickup counter for assistance
- Just provide us with your height and if your degree is a Bachelor, or Master, or Doctorate degree.
- You may also purchase your hood for Master or Doctor program.
- You can try on your purchases at home and can exchange if needed.
Customizable Diplomia Frames
VSU Alumni Gear and Memorabilia
- Diploma Frames
- Coffee mugs, tumblers, etc.
Contact Information for the Bookstore:
- Phone – 229-333-5666
- Website – https://www.vsubookstore.bncollege.com/valdostastore/home
Check out your Valdosta State University Josten’s page for your Graduation items!
- Official Class rings
- Graduation Announcements
- Affiliation Stoles
- Jewelry and Collegiate Tags
Contact Information for Jostens:
- Phone – (800) 854-7464
- Website – https://www.jostens.com/Valdosta-State-University/
I know the light at the end of the tunnel is shining bright, and as you prepare for your next step in life, with your VSU degree in hand, we invite you to join the 1906 Society!
- This is your opportunity to make a difference today for the VSU students of tomorrow.
- The 1906 Society is a student giving organization dedicated to the continued growth and development of VSU through individual gifts from seniors and graduate students.
- Your donation to the 1906 Society provides permanent funding to support the VSU Cares process and purpose. The VSU Cares fund can be applied for by any student in need at any time of the year. Visit valdosta.edu/vsucares for details and more information about the VSU Cares program
- In commemoration of Valdosta State’s founding year, we ask graduates to donate $19.06. Your gift may exceed this amount.
- As a member of the 1906 Society, you will receive a red and black graduation cord and receive recognition during commencement!
Contact Information for 1906 Society:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – 229-333-5797
- Website – https://www.valdosta.edu/administration/advancement/giving/1906-society.php
Join an Alumni Chapter to Stay Connected!
- The Alumni Association has implemented five Alumni Chapters throughout Georgia
When it's time to renew your license plate, think VSU!
- The VSU Foundation receives $10 of every sale and renewal from license plates
- For more information about your new VSU License Plate tag or visit your local tag office at https://mvd.dor.ga.gov/motor/plates/PlateDetails.aspx?pcode=VA
Contact Information for Alumni:
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – 229-333-5797
- Website – https://www.valdostastate.org/
Capturing the moment!
- Professional photos will be taken on the day of the ceremony by GradImages photographers.
- Each graduate will be sent an email directing them to the Grad Images website to purchase these professional portraits.
- You can purchase through mail, our website (GradImages), or by contacting our office by phone or email.
Contact for Grad Images:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – Customer Service Department at 800-261-2576
- Website –https://www.gradimages.com
Planning to pursue another degree?
- Any loans previously borrowed can remain on deferment status. Repayment will begin 6 months after completing degree.
- Continue to complete FAFSA each year, this can be done at https://studentaid.gov
- Graduate Students are not eligible for any federal grant or state scholarship funds, but by completing FAFSA you may be eligible to borrow federal loans.
General Loan Repayment Information:
- Loan repayment typically begins 6 months after a student graduates from college
- You may begin paying off loans prior to 6 months following graduation, but you are not mandated to state until after the 6-month period is over
- Once the 6-month period is over, students will be provided several loan repayment options
- EX: Standard 10-year repayment
- The company servicing your loan will provide you with all details pertaining to your repayment options
- Your servicer should have emailed and/or mailed you information regarding your loans each semester
- These emails should include details about your loan and a way to contact the loan company
- If you HAVE NOT received the information listed or you have misplaced the information, you may visit https://nslds.ed.gov
- Log in with your FAFSA ID and Password
Contact Information for Financial Aid:
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – 229-333-5935
- Website – https://www.valdosta.edu/admissions/financial-aid/
Continue your education with a Master or Doctor degree!
- Valdosta State University is committed to providing a quality graduate learning environment that will enable you to pursue your advanced studies guided by graduate faculty with a passion for teaching, scholarship, and service.
- We have over 58 graduate programs to choose from and offer online as well as face-to-face options for graduate education. To find descriptions of these programs, their professional accreditations, and application requirements, please visit the Our Programs page.
Important Information Regarding Graduate School
- Admissions Document Submission Instructions
- Per recent clarification from the USG, the waivers of out-of-state tuition for Florida, South Carolina, and Alabama residents only apply to undergraduate students.
- Search for and compare programs using our new Majors & Degrees search tool.
- Tuition/Financial Aid
- Residency Information
Hood Colors for Valdosta State University
Arts, Letters, Humanities - White
(English, E.S.O.L., Foreign Languages, History, Sociology)
Business - Drab
(Accounting, Business Admin., Healthcare Admin.)
Counseling & Guidance - Light Blue
(Marriage & Family Therapy, School Counseling,)
Criminal Justice - Royal Blue
Education - Light Blue
(Adult & Career Ed., Curriculum & Instruction/Accomplished Teaching Ed. Leadership, Elementary Ed., Health & Physical Ed., Higher Ed. Leadership, Instructional Technology, Middle Grades Ed., Secondary Ed., Special Ed., Teacher Ed., Teacher Leadership)
Health & Rehabilitation - Sage Green
Communication - Red
Library Science - Lemon
(Library & Information Science)
Music - Pink
(Music Ed., Music Performance)
Nursing - Apricot
Public Administration - Peacock Blue
Psychology - Gold
Science - Gold
Social Work - Citron
Speech/Oratory - Silver
(Communication Disorders; Speech Language Pathology)
Contact Information for Grad School:
- Phone – 229-333-5694
- Website – https://www.valdosta.edu/academics/graduate-school/
- ACED Exemption Exams
- Biology Major Field Test
- Chemistry Placement Exam
- Distance Learning/Independent Study Exams
- GACE Paraprofessional
- Georgia Legislative Exemption Exams
- Pearson VUE
- Scantron (formarly Castle Worldwide)
- For exam details and other important information regarding exams, visit the Testing Center website.
Important COVID Information:
- Face coverings
- All faculty, staff, students, and visitors are required to wear an appropriate face covering
- Social Distancing
- Be considerate of the Testing Center staff and other examinees by practicing proper social distancing
- Adhere to the posted maximum number of occupants signs
- There is a limited number of appointments available and a strict no walk-in policy. No exceptions will be made
- The Office of Testing is only accepting payments prior to your appointment via TouchNet store (card and electronic check)
- The Office of Testing is not accepting cash or physical checks at this time
Contact Information for the Testing Center: