Limited number of extra tickets available for Fall Commencement
Fall Commencement will look different this year with four ceremonies being held on December 14, 2020 at Bazemore-Hyder Stadium. The COVID-19 pandemic is forcing these changes so each ceremony can be socially distanced. Normally, tickets are not required for guests to attend Commencement on the Front Lawn, but due to the social distancing restrictions, they are required this year. Graduates who want to take part in Fall Commencement have already been able to secure a pod of five tickets. Now, there are a limited number of extra tickets available to those who have already registered to take part. Here’s what you need to know to secure more tickets:
- Additional ticket orders will be filled in the order received until all available tickets have been assigned. There is no guarantee that all requests will be filled.
- It is not possible to locate additional tickets next to or near your original allotment of guest tickets.
- It is possible that the additional tickets will have limited visibility of the stage.
- Only graduates who have registered for Fall Commencement may receive tickets. Graduates who have registered may print their grad passes here: https://valdosta.marchingorder.com/#/
- The deadline to request additional tickets is Thursday, December 10.
- To request an additional pod of five guest tickets please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- VSU Student ID number (870 number)
- Cell Phone Number
- VSU Student E-mail Address (@valdosta.edu)
- Your College (and time of your ceremony)
- If anyone in your party has a need for accessible seating and if so, will they be using a wheelchair (accessible seating is limited)
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DEADLINES
- Monday, December 7 is the deadline to purchase your cap and gown/Commencement regalia in person at the VSU Bookstore
- Thursday, December 10 is the deadline for graduates to request additional tickets to Commencement.
TO GET ASSISTANCE
If you have a Commencement related question, you can send it to Commencement@valdosta.edu
For everything you need to know about Fall Commencement, click here: https://www.valdosta.edu/administration/advancement/event-services/commencement/