- Research Assistance
- Adaptive Technology Equipment
- Book Retrieval and Photocopy Assistance
- Campus and Web Resources
- Contact Information
- Parking. Accessible parking is available on the east side of the library, as well as south of the library near Pine Hall (formerly Plant Operations). For more information on accessible parking spaces on campus, visit the VSU Parking & Transportation page.
- Building Access. There are two points of access to Odum Library (hours of operation).
North side of building: Persons wishing to enter the library on the second (main) floor may take the elevator up from the ground level and use the automatic door on the far left.
South side of building (Library Addition entrance): A ramp leads up to the main entrance on the first floor.
- Elevator. Wheelchair-accessible elevators are located in the original building, as well as the library addition.
- Restrooms. All public library restrooms are accessible.
- Maps. Maps of the library are available at the Reference Desk, as well as online.
Research assistance is provided by Odum Library's reference desk, located on the library's second floor. Research help is available in-person, by telephone, and via Live Chat during normal reference desk hours.
If your research requires very specialized and/or lengthy consultation, you may wish to make an appointment with a Reference Librarian. Please contact the Outreach Services Librarian at (229) 245-3745 to schedule an appointment.
- A adjustable workstation for the library's electronic services is located across from the Information Technology HelpDesk (second floor of old building).
- Televisions located in the New Media Center are equipped with Closed Captioning capability.
Adaptive Technology Software
- Dragon Naturally Speaking is a voice-recognition software that transcribes speech to typed text.
- Jaws is a program which reads aloud text on a computer using a voice synthesizer.
- MS Narrator software reads aloud on-screen text, including Windows commands, manus, and dialog boxes.
- PDF Equalizer reads PDF files.
- Universal Reader Plus is a type of software that reads text on a computer and allows scanning.
- Victor Reader is a digital book reader.
- Odum Library policy aims to ensure complete access to its public collection to all patrons, irrespective of physical limitation or challenge. Patrons with disabilities who find any shelved material difficult or impossible to retrieve should seek the assistance of library staff, who will help in as efficient and timely a manner as possible.
- The Odum Library Access Services Document Retrieval Policy is available here.
- VSU's Access Office for Students with Disabilities
- Board of Regents Academic Affairs Handbook: Students with Learning Disorders
- National Library Service for the Blind & Physically Handicapped
Please contact the Library using the contact us form if you have any questions about accessibility in the library.
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- New Media Center
- Student Fax
- Administrative Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Mon-Thu: 10 am - 7 pm *
All Access to the building is by VSU 1 Card Only.
The Odum Library is a Federal Depository Library.