What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is an acronym for InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database. ILLiad is the electronic system used to request an item through Interlibrary Loan and Odum Express document delivery for faculty and eligible distance education students. You can also manage requests by changing information, canceling requests and renewing items obtained via Interlibrary Loan (ILL - Odum Express).
How is ILLiad better than traditional ILL systems?
- ILLiad access is via your VSU BlazeVIEW User name and password, eliminating the need to remember another login account protocol.
- You will find it easier to submit your interlibrary loan requests. With ILLiad, you enter your name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, at the time of your first request. Once the personal information is entered, it does not have to be entered again, unless of course it needs to be changed. And you can also submit requests from within the GALILEO databases by clicking the Full Text Finder link beneath the citation, then the Request this item with Interlibrary loan, and logging into your account via the ILLIAD link, letting the system transfer the citation to a request form, so all you have to do is click the Submit button.
- ILLiad automated many functions that were previously very time-consuming, thus speeding up the delivery of requested items.
- You can receive journal articles and other documents more quickly via Electronic Delivery.
- You can get information about the status of your requests through the Web at any time from any location without having to call the ILL Office.
- Library personnel are able to serve you better because all data about your request and its handling is stored in a searchable database. We are able to respond quickly to your inquiries about your request. We are also able to gather statistical information about the performance of the libraries that lend to us, enabling us to make better decisions when choosing a lender to supply an item.
What if I need help with my BlazeVIEW account?
If you have forgotten your BlazeVIEW password, you can reset it using the Self-Service Password Reset Utility. If you have logon problems past that point, call the IT Helpdesk at 229-245-HELP (4357). After a successful logon, first time users will be automatically directed to the ILLiad on-line account registration form.
Entering your BlazeVIEW username and password gives you secure access to information about your interlibrary loan requests.
Why am I required to use my VSU BlazeVIEW account?
The VSU BlazeVIEW login is required due to licensing agreements and other kinds of restrictions as applied to electronically distributed web items in PDF (portable document file) format. Please remember to regularly check your VSU email account for request status messages.
What Web browser should I use?
You need a Web browser that can handle forms, tables, and preferably Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). See VSU Helpdesk Downloads Webpage and VSU Vista Minimum Requirements. Adobe Reader or other PDF (portable document file) viewer is necessary to view and print electronically distributed web items.
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader
Is security a problem if I use a public workstation?
Not if you use proper procedures. Web browsers cache information and create a history file on the local workstation. This allows a subsequent user of the workstation to access the system under your name using the browser's Back button to recall a page from the cache, or by finding a page with your personal information in the browser's history file. If you are concerned about the security of your interlibrary loan requests, you can take the following steps:
- Access ILLiad only from your personal computer or an otherwise secure workstation.
- When using a public access workstation:
- Close and exit the Web browser before you leave the workstation. This prevents the Back button from accessing the pages you were using.
Will I see all my older requests when I look at my request history?
Only those requests submitted since the University Library implemented ILLiad will be available in your request history. Periodically ILL will purge older transactional records from ILLiad, but our policy is to keep requests online for several years in order to comply with record keeping requirements of the copyright law.
What is Electronic Document Delivery?
Many libraries deliver scanned articles to us in electronic format. So a part of ILL - Odum Express services is that with ILLiad, these scanned articles can be delivered to your virtual desktop in PDF format. You can read more about electronic document delivery on the ILL-Odum Express Electronic Delivery Information page.
Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
- Technical Support from Library Automation Staff for system, browsers, PDF reader problems
- InterLibrary Loan Questions: InterLibrary Loan office at (229) 333-5867 or email to email@example.com
- For help with BlazeVIEW usernames and passwords, use the Self-Service Password Reset Utility or call 229-245-HELP (4357)
Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?The ILLiad system assigns a Session ID to be stored on your machine. You can refuse this cookie and still be able to use the ILL web pages and ILLiad without any problems.
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- Main Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Sun 12 pm - 2 am * Mon-Thu 8 am - 2 am * Fri 8 am - 9 pm Sat 12 pm - 8 pm
The Odum Library is a Federal Depository Library.