Video Edit Room
About the Space:
The Video Editing Room is an easy-to-use video production suite that is available for VSU students, staff, and faculty who are in good standing with the NMC. No video experience is required to use this facility. A staff member will be available to assist you with getting started and answering any questions you may have about using the room. One common use of this space is Camtasia for Instructors creating training videos for their class. We list below a brief how-to guide to get started with using this software. Peripheral items like USB Headphones or USB Microphone will require equipment loan from the Circulation Area in the New Media Center.
How it Works: Camtasia
The room is really easy to use. A staff member will be available to help you get started. Follow these steps to screen record with Camtasia.
Working with Camtasia:
- Open Camtasia
- Control the size of the area to be recorded
- Select what inputs you are using (i.e. speakers, sound from what is seen on the computer, web camera, etc.)
- Adjust the audio level of input devices
- Click Record
- Click Stop
- Click Save and Edit
- Save Your File
- You can drag the ends of your video to edit the length of your video
- Once you are done editing you can export your video
- To export your video, Click File>Produce and Share
- Click on Mp4 up to 1080p for the best quality
- Click Next
- Choose File Name and location to save it
- Click Finish
You can continue this process as many times as you like within the time that you have the room scheduled. Upon completion, seek out an NMC staff member for assistance with trimming or improving sound for your project.
Examples of Space Use:
- Screen Capturing
- Edit Video Projects
- Online Course Development
- 4K IPS Monitor
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Mon. - Thur.: 10am-3:00pm
The Odum Library is a Federal Depository Library.