About The Space:
The Lightboard Studio is a small room that allows for a personalized touch when recording written instructions for the learner. In this space we have a 36x48 inch plexiglass sheet that sits between the presenter and a camcorder. In this space you can highlight your ideas and write out your thoughts with bright neon markers. You can also overlay images or charts with a PowerPoint to better illustrate your instruction.
How it Works:
A staff member will be available to help you get started if you need. Otherwise, the space can be self-service. Follow these steps to capture your video. Be sure to run through these steps for a short 10-15 second recording first to check the video quality prior to committing to a full recording.
- Turn on the camera
- Turn on the lights using the Power Strip located on the lightboard
- Connect your jump drive to the computer
- Sign-in on the computer using the local account in the room
- A wireless keyboard and mouse are found on the desk you will be seated at.
- (Optional) Pull up your presentation (Be sure to have a black background)
- Open OBS from the desktop
- Click Record on the keyboard
- Present your material
- Clean the Light Board using the dry microfiber cloth provided in the room
- Press Record on the keyboard again to stop recording
- Look on the desktop for a folder called Video Capture to find and copy the video file you just created over to your jump drive
You can continue this process as many times as you like within the time that you have the room scheduled for. Upon completion, seek out an NMC staff member for assistance with trimming or improving sound for your video.
New Media Center
Odum Library 1st Floor
Entrance via Room 1240
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5863
- Fax: 229.219.1362
Mon. - Thur.: 8am-5:30pm