Digital Media Production Room
About the Space:
The Digital Media Editing Room is an easy-to-use video editing suite that is available for VSU students, staff, and faculty who are in good standing with the NMC. No video experience is required to use this facility. A staff member will be available to assist you with getting started and answering any questions you may have about using the room. One common use of this space is Premiere. We list below a brief how to guide to get started with using this software. Peripheral items like USB Headphones or USB Microphone will require equipment loan from the Circulation Area in the New Media Center.
How it Works: Premiere
The room is really easy to use. A staff member will be available to help you get started. Follow these steps to edit your Video.
Working with Adobe Premiere:
- Open Adobe Premiere
- Sign in with your VSU email (Use Company or School Account)
- Click New Project
- Name your Project Name and then click Browse to choose a location you would like your files to be saved (USB or V drive folder is Ideal)
- Click Ok
- Import any Videos, Images, or Audio you would like to use for your project.
- Find your file you want to use and click open
- Next double click the video or audio file
- In the program monitor select where you want your file to begin by clicking “I” on your keyboard
- Select the letter “O” on your keyboard to mark the ending of your file.
- Next you can drag the file to your timeline.
- Repeat steps 9-11 until you have your files lined up as you want them
- Click on the Effects tab at the top to open the effects
- Expand the Video Transitions tab
- Expand the Dissolve tab
- Drag the Cross-Dissolve square between each clip n your timeline to fade in or out
- To add Titles, Click on the letter “T” next to the Timeline
- Draw a box on your program Monitor
- Now you can type what you want.
- To change Font, Font Size, and Font Color click on your file
- Click on the editing tab at the top
- Then click on Effect Controls
- You cannot use these settings to change the font type, the color and size
- Once you are finished editing click File>Export>Media
- Change the Format to H.264
- Click on the Output name to change the Name of your project and choose the location you want it saved
- Click Export at the bottom
- Save your work
- Click on Help
- Sign out of your account
You can continue this process as many times as you like within the time that you have the room scheduled. Upon completion, seek out an NMC staff member for assistance with trimming or improving sound for your project.
Examples of Space Use:
- Screen Capturing
- Capture VHS to MP4
- Online Course Development
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Mon. - Thur.: 10am-3:00pm
The Odum Library is a Federal Depository Library.