Software Training Available
If you have a class assignment and want to have your students learn how to properly use the application, then check out our current workshop portfolio. We may already be teaching a program that your students need to know how to use. Alternatively, you may place a special request for us to provide your area a personalized workshop. We have one Instructional Technology Specialist on our staff who will maintain the available workshop portfolio and possibly new instruction based on your needs.
Help us Help You
We welcome opportunities to manage new media equipment from your area that would help your students succeed. For example, we now house 11 camera kits for the edTPA project that the Dewar College of Education purchased. If you or your department is interested in having us maintain and manage your equipment we would like to be in contact with you. Call us on our main line (x5863) and speak with Kyle Culpepper. We cannot guarantee we will be able to supply this service for everyone. We however, do welcome the idea.
Software for Content Development
Do you need to create media content for your classroom or online instruction? The New Media Center provides faculty access to a wide array of media development software. From the latest version of Camtasia to Photoshop, we have the software tools you need to produce instructionally sound content.
- Academic Support Center
- Offers student's free tutoring and workshops for time management and study skills.
- Access Office
- Offer services like faculty letters, exam proctoring, and captioning/transcribing your videos for a class you teach.
- Offer training and assistance with online course development through BlazeView.
- Printing & Copying Services
- This academic gem is where VSU departments and organizations can request for poster prints and high volume print related requests.
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Mon. - Thur.: 8am-5:30pm
Odum Library is a Federal Depository Library.