Welcome to the European Council!!!
About UsThe European Council: Summer Study Abroad
The European Council (EC) is one of five regional councils operating under the auspices of the System Council for International Education of the University System of Georgia (USG). The EC seeks to foster greater understanding and appreciation of the cultures and societies of Europe by sponsoring programs and activities for the University System of Georgia's students, faculty and institutions. The EC sponsors summer study abroad programs for USG students and transients at seven locations in Europe that last 2-5 weeks. Courses are taught largely by faculty from USG colleges and universities and students blend classroom experiences with group and individual travel as they earn academic credit at their home institution.
Membership in the EC is open to all USG colleges and universities, as well as to accredited non-System universities in the State of Georgia. Institutions appoint campus representatives to the council and these representatives coordinate council activities at their institutions. Other faculty, staff, or administrators are welcome to attend council meetings. For more information about council activities or meetings, contact the appropriate institutional representative on the EC Campus Representative Members list.
European Council Officers
- Chair, Jeff Brown- Georgia Highlands College
- Vice-Chair, Dr. Luc Guglielmi- Kennesaw State University
- Treasurer, Ms. Irina McClellan- Valdosta State University
- At-Large Representative, Ms. Danielle Smith- Georgia Southern University
- At-Large Representative, Sarah Egerer- Berry College
- At-Large Representative, Laura Thomason- Middle Georgia University