Instructional Design Consultation
Are you new to online teaching and learning?
Are you an experienced online faculty member, but would like to learn some tips and techniques to incorporate into your course?
Do you want to enhance your face-to-face or hybrid course?
If yes, then visit the VSU "Intro to Instructional Design & Online Instruction" or “New to Online Learning: The Fundamentals CO” course!
New resources are available for your use. An online course – New to Online: The Fundamentals CO (available in both BlazeVIEW and GoVIEW) has been developed. The course is designed for faculty members new to online teaching or current online/hybrid/F2F faculty members looking for tips to incorporate into your existing courses. Faculty members are enrolled as students in the course. You can complete the entire course, or just visit the areas of interest to you.
New faculty will be added at the beginning of each semester. However, new faculty can request to be manually added by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The course covers:
- Overview of LMS, D2L, BlazeVIEW and GoVIEW
- Technology Requirements
- Transitioning to Online Learning
- F2F vs. Online Teaching
- Instructional Design
- Quality Online Instruction
- Syllabus and Schedule Design
- Faculty and Course Introduction Tips
- Course Design
- Quality Online Course Design
- Online Course Design Tips
- Creating and Finding Content
- Online Learning Presence
- Discussion Boards
- Effective Discussion Board Design
- Discussion Board Tips
- Creating Effective Activities, Assessments, Rubrics and Grading
- Why and How to Use Technology in an Online Course
- Quality Matters
- What is Quality Matters?
- What do I do next?
- ADA, Citation, Plagiarism and Copyright Policies and Procedures
- D2L Resources and Assistance
We envision this to be an evolving course and updated regularly with new ideas and techniques. So, we need your tips and your feedback!
Log in to BlazeVIEW or GoVIEW and search for the course! We look forward to hearing from you regarding this new resource.