- Half Of Us: Mental health issues are a reality for millions of people across the country. Young people are especially at risk, with half of college students reporting that they have been stressed to a point where they couldn’t function during the past year. The impact of mental illness is so devastating that suicide is the third leading cause of death among all people ages 15-24. The good news is that nearly all mental health issues can be improved with proper treatment. When we decrease the stigma around mental health and encourage help-seeking, we can change and save lives. Through Half of Us, mtvU and The Jed Foundation aim to initiate a public dialogue to raise awareness about the prevalence of mental health issues and connect students to the appropriate resources to get help.
- ULifeline: ULifeline is an anonymous, confidential, online resource center, where college students can be comfortable searching for the information they need and want regarding emotional health.
- Breath2Relax: Breathe2Relax is a portable stress management tool which provides detailed information on the effects of stress on the body and instructions and practice exercises to help users learn the stress management skill called diaphragmatic breathing.Breathing exercises have been documented to decrease the body’s ‘fight-or-flight’ (stress) response, and help with mood stabilization, anger control, and anxiety management. Breathe2Relax can be used as a stand-alone stress reduction tool, or can be used in tandem with clinical care directed by a healthcare worker.
- Calm: Need a little more calm in your life? You’ve come to the right app! Now available for iPhone, Calm can help you meditate, sleep, relax, focus and much more. By downloading this app, you’ll discover how meditation can improve your mood - and your life.
- Take a Break: You can enjoy the deep relaxation, stress relief and benefits of meditation now with this app by Meditation Oasis™. Featuring two popular meditations from the the Meditation Oasis podcast, the app gives you the option to listen with or without music or nature sounds. You can also listen to the relaxing music and nature sounds alone.
- Simply Being: RECOMMENDED BY THE NY TIMES, SELF MAGAZINE, YOGA JOURNAL, the HUFFINGTON POST and more. Meditate easily with this elegantly simple App. Enjoy the deep relaxation, stress relief and benefits of meditation without prior experience. The Meditation Oasis® Simply Being app has been developed by Richard and Mary Maddux, creators of the popular Meditation Oasis® podcast. It allows you to choose from 5 meditation times and gives you to option to listen to the guided meditation with or without music or nature sounds. You can also listen to the music or nature sounds alone. In addition, you can choose how long to listen to the music or nature sounds after the voice guidance finishes.
Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence & Stalking
- Georiga Coalition Against Domestic Violence:
- National Sexual Assault Hotline | 1.800.656.HOPE(4673) | Free. Confidential. 24/7
- National Sexual Assault Online Helpline
- CDC- Sexual Violence
- NO MORE Campaign: NO MORE is a unifying symbol and campaign to raise public awareness and engage bystanders around ending domestic violence and sexual assault.
- It's on Us Campaign
- Not Alone: information for students, schools and anyone interested in finding resources on how to respond to and prevent sexual assault.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center:The NSVRC’s Mission is to provide leadership in preventing and responding to sexual violence through collaboration, sharing and creating resources, and promoting research.
- National Network to End Domestic Violence: NNEDV offers a range of programs and initiatives to address the complex causes and far-reaching consequences of domestic violence.
- Culture of Respect: Culture of Respect is an independent, nonprofit organization that strengthens schools by providing them with a framework to assess and improve efforts to eliminate rape and sexual assault from their campuses.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)
- Stalking Resource Center
- 1in6: Resources for male survivors who have been sexually abused during childhood.
- MaleSurvivor: An organization providing critical resources to male survivors of sexual trauma and all their partners in recovery by building communities of Hope, Healing, & Support.
- The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs: The National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs works to prevent, respond to, and end all forms of violence against and within LGBTQH communities.
- CDC- Suicide
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: No matter what problems you are dealing with, we want to help you find a reason to keep living. By calling 1-800-273-TALK (8255) you’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.
- The Jed Foundation: As the nation’s leading organization working to promote emotional health and prevent suicide among college students, The Jed Foundation is protecting the mental health of students across the country. With your support, we will continue to lead the way and protect the potential of tomorrow's leaders.
- The Body
- Avert: AVERT is an international HIV and AIDS charity, based in the UK, working to avert HIV and AIDS worldwide, through education, treatment and care.
- Safer Sex Tips: General information for practicing safer sex.
- STD Prevention
- Go Ask Alice
- Healthy Living.. For Life! : site is dedicated to improving health and lifestyle habits for people of all ages. We will provide information about nutrition and physical activity.
- MyPlate on Campus