General Student Union Polices
- Alcohol is not permitted in the building except during those on-campus events that comply with the VSU alcohol policy.
- Animals are not allowed in the Student Union (exception- service animals such as ‘seeing eye dogs’).
- Art objects, pictures, and furnishings are placed throughout the Student Union not only to enhance the beauty of the building, but also to provide a cultural atmosphere for the aesthetic education of the university community. These items are not to be removed from their location except by authorization from the Student Life Office. When new art or furnishings are purchased, such items should be listed with the Student Life Office so that they may be inventoried.
- Computer Kiosks are meant for brief use only. Computer labs for extended use are located next door at the Odum Library for extended use.
- Damage to fixtures, equipment, and/or any other property of the Student Union shall be billed to the abuser. The cost of repair and replacement will be determined by the Student Union Director.
- Food may be eaten in the food court area and in any of the lounge space areas. It is the responsibility of the person eating the food to do so in a clean and courteous manner. Dispose of all trash in the waste cans provided. If an accidental spillage happens, please notify the Information Desk as soon as possible.
- Furniture in the building may be moved to accommodate conversation but must be moved back into place when leaving the area. No furniture is to leave the designated area in which it was found. No inside furniture is to be moved outside or outside furniture moved inside.
- Gambling of any kind is not allowed in the building.
- Loitering is not permitted in the Student Union by persons not directly affiliated with VSU. The Student Union is for use by VSU students, faculty, staff, and their invited guests. Professional and/or student staff may ask anyone at anytime to provide a VSU ID. University Police should be contacted immediately if an individual is suspected of loitering.
- Panhandling and/or begging is prohibited in the Student Union. Persons panhandling or begging should be advised that this is contrary to Union and University policy. Persons who continue to panhandle or beg after being advised of this policy shall be reported to University Police.
- Posting of all material shall be under the supervision of the Student Life Office staff and shall follow the established policies for distribution and posting of printed materials in the Student Union. (See specific policy in this manual.)
- Reserved areas are to be used only by those who have an approved reservations contract issued by the Office of Student Life. A copy of this contract should be kept by the user at all times during the scheduled event.
- Skates, skateboards, bicycles, wheelies, and similar items are not allowed in the building.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn by all persons entering and/or using the Student Union.
- Tobacco products of any kind are not permitted in the building.
- Running extension cords from the building outside for any purpose will not be permitted.
- Use of Student Union by those under the age of 18 is not permitted unless they are attending or participating in a recognized university function or program or in the immediate supervision of their parent/guardian who is a VSU student, faculty, or staff. Anyone under the age of 18 who is not part of the above stated recognized groups will be asked to leave, and University Police will be contacted. The Student Union shall not serve as a child care facility and will not assume the liability for the supervision for minors.
- Student Life Office
- Student Union Info Desk
Student Union, 1500 N Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Monday - Friday
7 AM - 11 PM
Saturday - Sunday
11 AM - 11 PM
*Hours are subject to change due to holidays.
*Please refer to BlazerDining for food service hours.
*Please refer to the bookstore for bookstore hours.